JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually this is an area I am expert on! Rigs that can survive an emp. There is no cut and dry set of years that offer more or less protection! The best way to know for sure is if your rig still can use points and condenser. Also if it is still a mechanical fuel pump or can be converted to one ( i.E. most pre 86 small block V8's) The only parts that are actually vulnerable to an EMP are electrical. Charging system and ignition system are the most likely to fail. Points and condenser need to be protected and have spairs on hand that are also protected! Electrical fuel pumps are a tricky part, some can make it and some cant! With that said, there are many steps you can take to protect your rig no matter how new it is! Will it still run? depends on how much it relies on electronics! Up to about 93 or so, computer controlled cars are pretty easy to secure, newer then that becomes a trial and error situation! Some can and some cant! Any mechanical diesel can survive but there are things there that have to be looked at for protection! Cummins is the only one that can run with out electrical systems! Ford will not unless simple protection is in place! Older G.M. can survive, but it depends on what you have!
Feel free to ask about your rig and I can help get you protected or get you heeded in the right direction!

Hey,

I can write forever, but I won't. I'm an old guy, a martial arts instructor for many years (just adults, no kids). I'm also a writer; I write articles for major martial art magazines and for prepping magazines. I'm expert enough to know that no one is an expert with nothing else to learn. Every expert differs on what essentials you should have.

I would say the first major question you have to ask yourself is, 'Do I want to really leave my home, my fortress with everything in it or do I what to leave and have to find a place to stay somewhere else unknown and may have to keep on the move?' Before you ask yourself that question, I would study the hell out of the YouTube on asking various questions on prepping, such as should I stay put or move, how much ammo should I have, do I have enough medical stuff and food to stay and the list goes on.

If you're young you can go on the road, but after a while, even if you're young, it will tear on you after a while. But that would be your choice, and once made it's done…. If you leave your home and vicinity that you are familiar with, and a week later you decide to come back, you may not be able to for many reasons. It depends on many factors which nobody knows but you. All magazines and YouTube can do is teach you how to save food and other survival stuff, but whether you leave your place or not depends on your reasoning and no one's else, we can give you our opinion without knowing all the things you know about your place and area.

If you have a cabin to go to, great; if not, I would think very hard about leaving your place. As for food, vacuum pack as much white rice and pinto beans as you can. If you can afford some dehydrated food once in a while, I found Augason Farms about as good as any. Their meats are really vegetable protein, but that's OK.

My main thing is EMP which can be from the sun or an explosion above the U.S. or the terrorists finally breaking through on the net onto our grids.

The experts will all have their pick of what kind of guns you should have. In the final analysis, just having a gun period, is necessary.

My wife won't let me spend too much money, but I get stuff now and then. I have a .22lr Ruger with Red dot sights and 25 found magazines. I can shoot the balls off a nat from three hundred yards.

Without going into particulars, here's some essentials you should have: Light (enough for two years), food, water and how to clean dirty water, ammo, meds and the means to always make fire.

Take care.

Sifu
I foresee one problem for you; a huge swarm of enraged, emasculated nats

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads