JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same as omenwolf - 9mm Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P. I've read many favorable things about this particular load. 410 ft-lbs at the barrel is very good. Cor-Bon makes a +P 9mm that is 125gr and delivers 434 at barrel.

BTW, I've read that carrying homebrew ammo is not the best idea. If you have to use your gun, would you rather testify in court:

(1) "I used ammunition commonly available at any sporting goods store or Wal-mart."

or

(2) "I made the ammunition myself, loading a 124 grain hollowpoint on top of IMR 4064, tweaking a recipe I've been researching for several months..."

Gun people know that (2) vs (1) is immaterial - it's your actions not the details of your ammunition that matter. But to an ignorant jury member, (2) makes you sound like a gun nut instead of just another citizen.

I'm not a lawyer...just what I've read...

How about
" I use the loads I make myself at home.I work with them until they are the most accurate round for the weapon I am carrying. Then I know the gun is accurate and will hit my target,diminishing the likelihood of collateral damage. "

Kinda what you would tell a buddy as to why you hand load for hunting.
Accuracy and dependability.
Otherwise get a new lawyer.

I carry a 1911. So any defense rounds work great. 1 or 2 in the chest will do the job. Heck ball ammo from a 1911 will do the job.
Same with my 10mm.

My normal carry gun is a 1911 and I have both Speer Gold Dot and Hornady TAP.
I have a 380 that I carry once in a great while and it's Speer Gold Dot HP.
I usually only carry my .357 when I'm heading out into the woods for working or play, but then it's a handload with 11gr of BlueDot under a Hornady 158gr XTP.

I have a 1.2 gram wriggly ammo less lethal surgarless. You pull the trigger and it blow a bubble.

In my Sig I have 40 cal 185 hollow points SW HD

Actually, I've been re-thinking my "Defensive Carry" totally. Rather than a firearm I think I'll just carry a recent photo (Head Shot) of Nancy Pelosi. One look at that and any attacker would drop in their tracks:cool:

I did a bunch of research and tried them all; Doubletap 124 gr +p in 9mm, Buffalo Bore 185 gr .45, 357 Sig +P+ 125gr.

Finally I just went, my odds of being in a gun fight are really small.... and my odds of having ammo that made ANY difference in stopping the threat even smalller... so an ammo website (AMMOMAN.com) had a special on Speer LE Gold Dots in all the common calibers... and I bought a bunch, loaded up all my EDC carry mags,and that's what I use. No more thinking about it. I fired off all the wacky crap. And if someone in a legal capacity ever asks me why I carry that load? The answer is..... 'Just about every law enforcement agency buys that ammo for their department. If it's good enough for the FBI, DEA, CBP, US Secret Service and hundreds of local and state police agencies, it's good enough for me.'

Winchester Rangers

IMG_1349 copy.JPG

IMG_1349 copy.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads