JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The most accurate in my Ruger blackhawk 357 and Taurus tracker 357, is the same load of 158 grain hard cast lead in front of 15.5 grains of H110 with a mag primer.
Note that is the max that my Speer book allows.

I do not know why you select the heavy bullets when you state the biggest critter you may face is a cat. In all likely hood a 2 legged animal would be your greatest threat. The 125 jhp is the #1 one shot stop
according to Evan Marshall's statistics 96%. The 125 jhp out performs all other handgun cartridges!! The 357 is the first cartridge I started reloading for over 30 years ago. I have generally found that the
158 jhp shoot tighter groups than the 125s. The 125 also kicks less. With one exception' the Remington 125 golden saber shoots as well as any 158 load I have tried. Use slow burning powders for magnum loads such as H110, 2400 & 296. Small amount of fast burning powder for target loads. These are my favorites. 125 Rem Golden Saber with 18.5 to 18.8 of H110 magnum primer. 158 swc Lazer Cast 5.8 Unique standard primer. My friend has a 4 inch GP-100 and it shoots the 125 load into one hole. The Ruger is a very sturdy handgun easily handling 125 grain bullets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top