JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems like a lot of folkes on this forum are worried about what type of gun they should use to defend themselves. Whatever happened to just having a gun for the sake of enjoyment? We always seem to have to justify why we have this or why we have that, or why this is better than that for such and such purpose.

The next time you are making the decision to buy a new gun, try not to think about how cool you will look peering out from behind a dumpster in some alley where you are having to defend yourself from flashmobs or crack heads or zombies etc... Buy it if you like it, you shouldn't have to justify it any further than that.

Then go shoot it and have fun, bring some friends in case of crackhead zombie flashmob attack!

Amen brother!!!

That's why I decided on the M&P 9mm.. cause I think it looks sexy and every time I saw it through the glass I always got a little smile on my face. :)

My first satisfying fun rifle that cost a whole summers wages of moving pipe when I was younger was a winchester 357 mag lever action, and the next year I bought a 357 blackhawk to pack around with it.
I still have them somewhere in the back of a safe and still feel that all my tools would be incomplete without them.

These days I am looking for a puma, legacy or rossi, 454 lever action, I have not yet found one, and if you find one, I would recommend getting it.

Last Edited:
If you're looking for a long range rifle that's not too $$, I'd recommend the Savage 10FPC. Picked up one earlier this year, attended the OTS course out in madras, and was able to put 2 of 3 shots on their 24" target at 1200 yards. No mods, just a 6-18x40 scope. Love the thing.

I kinda buy guns for fun. I like to go to the club and shoot or sometimes shoot in competition. Sometimes I buy a new gun to hunt with. Looking at what you own there is alot of fun to be had with all of them, just a matter of getting involved more with shooting what you have. Good luck

jj

Going through my current gun collection I am wondering what I am missing - perhaps a long range gun?

Assuming you do no have unlimited funds and there is some limit to what you can reasonably own- What is an obvious miss

Current gun assortment

Shotgun:
20 ga Dbl barrel - grew up with
16 Ga Over Under
12 ga semiauto

Pistol:
22LR semia uto
.308 semiauto
40 S&W semiauto

Rifles
22LR ( 10-22)
AR15
Tikka 30-06

You are missing a .22 (short/lr/mag no matter) in a revolver. 4" or 6" barrel. Fun gun, inexpensive to find and shoot, and different than anything you already have. Everyone has to have a wheel gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top