JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in the day when Oregon was a May Issue state one was allowed to carry one handgun and it had to be declared at the time of application and inspected by the local CLEO. At that time the rage was high capacity Wonder Nines. Still is, but choices then were severely limited. Browning Hi-Power or CZ75. Out of peer pressure I opted for a Smith 659, which according to popular belief, was a Seal issue sidearm at the time. I should have went with a S&W 39, but hey, I had loads of ammo that could be dispensed quickly. After a couple years of packing that four pound brick of stainless steel around (loaded with extra mag) I went with a light Star PD 45 and never looked back. Carried the reliable Star for more than a few decades, and just recently replaced it with a Sig P938, which I have grown very fond of. Other acceptable defense caliber guns I have carried over the years include a Smith 642, which I like very much, a Kimber TLE, Springfield V10, and a host of other handguns just for the experience. Except for the Springfield I still retain all the aforementioned carry guns and use as situation warrants. Always cocked and locked, if designed to safely do so. And always a spare mag or two.
Backups? At first a AMT380 DA in a Ted Blocker ST17. Now, a P3AT in the same IWB holster now 30 years old. My Star and now Sig P938 also have Blocker ST-17 IWB holsters. Excellent leather.
Carry knife has been Spydercos for many years... knife de jour is a Native plain blade.
I don't carry a wallet so my variety of licenses and permits are in a neck carry sleeve, under a shirt. It is clear plastic, and if I ever have to exercise judicious use of force I pull that neck sleeve out to dangle and yell POLICE, SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE, while I cover the perp and watch my back. The dangling CHL looks semi official and may assuage anyone present that the situation is under control.
Don't forget... Oregon laws requires one to carry a CHL ON YOUR PERSON. This does not mean in your glove box, saddlebag or coat hanging by some door, but retained by you physically, on your person. A small legal matter, but just may save you a ticket, legal hassle, and even loss of ones CHL should you be given grief in a traffic stop or other situation.
That's what I carry.

I carry a .50 BMG pistol IWB. Darned barrel goes clear down to my knee.

Oh wait. That was a dream I had. :)

I got tired of concealing my Glock 23 in hot weather or indoors and switched to my simple goes-bang-every-time Kel Tec PF9 9mm. IWB, 4:00. Cheapest gun I own turns out to have a purpose.

image.jpg On my person:
Leatherman multi tool
Moon beam
Taurus 605
^(will rotate out for a winter carry soon)
Gloves (x2 pair)
Plastic bag
Folded up mini shop towel
OD CC fanny pack (otherwise AIWB holster)
Knife
Hard copy of emergency contact and work phone numbers. (I.e NOT on a phone)

And of course keys, speed strips, phone, coat (even in the summer)

Now, it's interesting you say on your person.. For me, I'm almost never too far away from my vehicle. I store quite a bit of emergency gear in there and aim to keep it near me always. Both work and personal.

In the picture my GHB (get home bag) is a daily vehicle carry
(removed at night of course)
And my Npap I've carried with me for the last week. (Again removed at night) which I put back in storage today. Vertical grip is ONLY on there because I had to show a fella on another forum that the M70 variants have a longer forearm which does in fact allow the use of a vert grip and not impede your ability to reload with the AK.
(I hate vertical forearm grips)

*Been working a little further from the office, and many of you know I tote a long arm when I'm a certain distance from home.
Extra ammo, mags..etc just being prepared.
:D

It's also for fun. Usually I'll be in or around an area with private or public shooting land.. You wouldn't believe how many folks have their own little private range in their back yard my clients and their neighbors.. And sometimes I get lucky enough (or have enough time) to shoot with them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top