JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A question primarily directed to Joey, but others feel free to chime in.

My thoughts on this originally stemmed from the Bin Laden Death thread, but it applies to many other threads past and present as well. We've all seen it happen too many times where a thread starts out as a firearms thread and quickly devolves in to a "Let's pee on each other's shoes" thread with people blaming the world's ills on Obama, Bush, Elvis, or the tooth fairy and hurling insults and accusations at each other. Many times what had been an interesting thread gets closed because of this.

Might I suggest creating a political debate forum (as opposed to the current politics forum for gun related political issues) where if people wanted to engage in that kind of conversation they could do so without crapping all over someone else's thread. I know some may say (Joey included) that that is what Northwest Liberty is for, but the plain fact is most of the members activity is on Northwest Firearms.

Just thought I'd throw that out and let people throw rocks at it. :)

Hey Coug, thanks for tossing the idea out there. It's one I've contemplated many times before, but in the end I always come to the same conclusion. Politics, by nature, are divisive. I built this site to bring together gun owners and second amendment supporters from all walks of life, all political parties, all genders, all sexual orientations, etc. Allowing conversations on controversial subjects which divide us is counterproductive to our cause, and goes against the very reason this site was started in the first place.

I love the idea. It would be great to have a bear pit so to speak to drop these sorts of threads into. People could sign up and agree to the nature of such an area and then club each other like baby seals to their hearts content and no whining would be acknowledged since signing up they wave the right to complain.

Hey Coug, thanks for tossing the idea out there. It's one I've contemplated many times before, but in the end I always come to the same conclusion. Politics, by nature, are divisive. I built this site to bring together gun owners and second amendment supporters from all walks of life, all political parties, all genders, all sexual orientations, etc. Allowing conversations on controversial subjects which divide us is counterproductive to our cause, and goes against the very reason this site was started in the first place.

Actually Joey I have an idea I would like you to consider. What if we could have this proposed "section" listed here and the actual link hosted on http://www.northwestliberty.com since that is where these belong?

I love the idea. It would be great to have a bear pit so to speak to drop these sorts of threads into. People could sign up and agree to the nature of such an area and then club each other like baby seals to their hearts content and no whining would be acknowledged since signing up they wave the right to complain.

Reminds me of the old joke "So this baby seal walks into a club........".

On a serious note, that's kind of what I thought. Short of starting to dole out infractions like breath mints or banning that would at least be a way of not stopping it, but deflecting it somewhere else since you're never going to stop it with some folks.

Thank you for the link Idea, I come here for firearms related topics, not armchair generals, tinfoil hatted fools and conspiracy theory bombardment.

I appreciate the "other side" for all that wish to partake in that crap.

Thank you

Sincerely,
Me

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR