JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have 150 pound crossbow and aBout 100 bolts for it .I have a scope mounted on it that makes it good for about 200 feet at max range . One shot one kill asome

get a good crossbow and you can tune it to hit over 100yds my buddy in wyoming has killed deer over 100 yds with his.
once again, get a good one, not one of the cheap pieces of crap.
$600+

I can certainly see the merit of being able to build your own bow and arrows from scratch, as the natives did hundreds of years ago.

But the bows and arrows they used have absolutely nothing in common with modern archery equipment. Its like comparing a smoothbore matchlock musket from the 1500's to a modern AR-15 rifle. Both are "guns" but the similarities end there.

For that matter, if I wanted or needed to go "primitive" in a SHTF scenario, it would be easier and more effective to try and make my own black powder and melt my own bullets than it would be to try and manufacture a bow and arrows from locally available materials. The recipe for homemade black powder can be found on the Internet, and bullets can be molded from lead wheel weights or used batteries. Percussion caps are a bit more difficult, although substitutes can be made from match heads. Or you could go with a flintlock mechanism instead.

Archery is a rewarding hobby and a challenging way to hunt, but when the SHTF its a poor substitute for any firearm.

Good points everyone, going primative ---- wouldn't trapping be the best? You can make rope, set snares, set traps using the spring of a young tree for the force.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top