JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went out shooting today. I took six guns and put about 500 rounds downrange. They were mostly .40S&W (SIG P250c, SIG P250sc, Kahr K40, Glock 23) but I also took a .45acp (SIG P220 ) and a 10mm (Glock 29).

Talk about a coincidence, all six guns were shooting about 2" to the left and about 3" down. Every single one of them.

It has to be the guns. I know I could be that bad a shot. ;) :eek: :s0131:

On a serious note, I injured my shoulder last night working out and it is odd to see how profound an effect it had on my shooting today. :)

most low and left shots are a result of trigger control, and what Massad Ayoob called milking.

"“Milking,” taken from the hand’s movement when milking a cow’s udder, occurs when the index finger closes on the trigger and the other fingers sympathetically close with it, changing the grasp and pulling the sights off target. Most commonly, this will pull the shot low and to the side of what you were aiming at. It is a function called “interlimb response.” When one finger closes, the other fingers want to close with it. " (Ayoob, How to shoot a handgun accurately by Massad Ayoob Issue #85)

could be your grip strength was lessened by your shoulder injury and this was occurring.

At my range there is a really old chart that shows different groupings and the probable reasons for them. I have used it many times to correct myself. Maybe you could look at the NRA sight to see if it is there as this is who put it out.

At my range there is a really old chart that shows different groupings and the probable reasons for them. I have used it many times to correct myself. Maybe you could look at the NRA sight to see if it is there as this is who put it out.

I know the chart you are talking about. I do not need it today though. I knew what the problem was this time.
I was definitely tightening my grip. My injured shoulder was making me very noticeably over compensate by trying to grip tighter on the gun when I fired.

Sounds like you should have put your targets a little further up and to the right... haha.

Last time out I was out my shots were mostly low and to the left. Good to know I was "Milking" it.

Allow an expert to contribute here: If everything out of the muzzle is low and left, your guns are becoming democrats. Buy them memberships in the Heritage Foundation and they will be on the road to recovery.

I would love to see this chart. Is it available electronically anywhere?

Thanks for these charts. I think they'll help me with my pistol shooting. On an unrelated note, I just requalified on the M16 (Air Force) and, once again, missed expert by only two rounds. So frustrating!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top