JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been drooling over ads for the new Hornady Critical Defense rounds. Has anyone gotten any yet? Any thoughts on this round? How about the TAP? Or HydroShock? What say the seasoned and experienced? What other 9mm defense rounds are worth considering?

Thanks.

Federal HST, Winchester Ranger, Speer Gold Dots and Cor-Bon DPX (or other rounds with the Barnes XPB bullet) would be the ones I would look at.

Hyda-shok is old bullet technology, you can get better. I'm not personally too knowledgeable regarding the TAP pistol ammo or the new critical defense though they certainly seem interesting. I want to see some independent ballistics testing though before I decide if I want to switch over from my current choice of Ranger T (147gr - RA9T - simply the best IMO though good luck finding any these days)

<broken link removed>

If theyre anything like varmint bullets in a rifle, which they seem to be designed to emulate, they should work great, point wont fill up with clothes, but will be easily pushed back by the much denser flesh.

Thanks....some good reading right there. :s0155:

Federal HST, Winchester Ranger, Speer Gold Dots and Cor-Bon DPX (or other rounds with the Barnes XPB bullet) would be the ones I would look at.

Hyda-shok is old bullet technology, you can get better. I'm not personally too knowledgeable regarding the TAP pistol ammo or the new critical defense though they certainly seem interesting. I want to see some independent ballistics testing though before I decide if I want to switch over from my current choice of Ranger T (147gr - RA9T - simply the best IMO though good luck finding any these days)

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top