JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking for some suggestions for a new gun to buy. I say not Glock only because I have one. Looking for full size or like Glock 19 size. No revolvers. Always liked the baretta 92. Thx

If you want a Beretta 92, then go buy one. Why ask anyone else? Buy what you like and shoot it. Personal opinions are just that, and someone else's may be soooo wrong for you.

Personally I'd probably buy a Hi-Power, but I have no desire for a 9mm of any kind.....

Caracal-C would be a good one. Very happy with mine, cost a good deal less than a Glock, but with a lower bore-axis and much better trigger. Dunno what they sell for these days, maybe panic pricing has been the great equalizer.

I am a firm believer in redundancy and would suggest getting an identical/back-up to your primary. If you have already ruled out that option, I’d say HK P2000 or S&W M&P. If you go to steel, I’d say Hi-Power…if you go aluminum, I’d say an older Sig P228.

That said, I have never been a fan of the 92 but if you’ve always had a hard-on for one get it and scratch that itch.

I agree with titsonritz, and all the guns mentioned here are all really good ones. I vote for M&P

#1 Browning Hi Power. It's called "The King of the Nines" for a reason.

#2 CZ 75 Pick your variation.

#3 Sig Sauer P226 Pick your variation.

The CZ and the Sig could reverse order and you'll be happy either way.

I just got a Walther PPQ M2 that is the best 9mm I have ever owned. My past and present 9mms include Springfield XD and XDM, CZ, Kahr, S&W M&P, CZ clones, etc. The PPQ just beats them all IMHO.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I had a Caracal C Compact. Awesome pistol i only sold to fund a move to a larfer caliber. But since I sold it they've been subject to not one but two recalls related to discharges that shouldn't have happened. I think both dealt with discharging when dropped. That's not a deal killer to some folks, but it might be worth the wait to see how they handle the whole recall issue before jumping in.

The SR9C is a really great pistol. So is the FNX. The thought of the P89 has crossed my mind a couple times, i have a P95 & it's been very reliable.

There are a LOT of great 9mm pistols out there to choose from. Might I suggest a poll of all the 9mm pistols in your price range, mag capacity and size you're interested? Below are some I suggest.

Ruger SR9
ruger-sr9-left_small.jpg

FNP9
400px-FNP-9mm2Tone.jpg

Sig P250
52434.jpg

Caracal F
Caracal_F.jpg

Walther P99
32922.jpg

HK USP
hkusp9mmbuds.jpg

ruger-sr9-left_small.jpg

Ahhhhh! I took to long off from this site! Seriously, rent, borrow, find a way to try the XDm9! Even better the 5.25 competition XDm9! Ergos, maintenance, accuracy, reliability, bang for buck, seriously no comparison (totally biased, there are some very close comparisons). Althought all of the others mentioned are excellent pistols and I don't doubt you would be happy with some of them.

For the money, the XD, in my opinion, is a great bargain (considering the package it come with). If I had to go a couple hundred less, budget wise, the CZ is the ticket.

I have both an XD and and M&P and love 'em both. The M&P I like a little better - it feels better in my hand. My wife carried an XD(m) in 9 mm, She liked it at first, but ended up selling it. She didn't like the trigger nor the length of the butt. She ended up stealing my XD and picking up a G26 for EDC.