JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Update:

got the Larue Tactical two stage and just installed it.
Slight issue with pin installed in hammer, but apparently common.
A couple things and this is just me probably

3 things I've noticed in dry firing

1. there is a Short take up
2. I can't feel both stages
3. It feels like it might be too light.

I'm guessing the take up may be the first stage and it's just so light I can't tell (I have slight hand issues).
It feels nice and breaks nicely
I'm going to try it out at the range before I put in the heavier spring.

Update:

I'm guessing the take up may be the first stage and it's just so light I can't tell (I have slight hand issues).
1st stage is "take up"
2nd stage is the "wall"
Then bang !

There is much drama about 2 stage vs. single stage.
I just get used to them and shoot them.

The Larue trigger gets good reviews.
In that price point, I would buy Larue over RRA all day long.

The one 2 stage I tried on a dummy module at the store, you could feel a bit of a click for the first and second stage.
This one feels like it's just taking up slack.
Not sure if I got the terms right.

Update:

Is it possible that a spring is backwards? I understand they come installed, but what if one was installed backwards. Not likely, but ? You might want to compare to this video:

Is it possible that a spring is backwards?
Not possible if you look at this first...
CoarseDetailedKinkajou-max-1mb.gif

Last Edited:
I only have 2 aftermarket triggers, so I may not be a great resource.

I have a GA Precision GAP10 with a Geissle SSA-E trigger, and really like it. It is not tuned really light and I like the difference from takeup to the wall for slower shooting. I have it set up higher on the pull weight (have not measured it) for more of a field rifle application.

The other trigger is a single stage from Elftmann set around 4.5lbs on a 300blk SBR. I like that trigger in that is is pretty much like a 1911 trigger in that there is no takeup, almost no over-travel, and the reset is almost too aggressive in the click. I really notice when the reset is engaged.

I do not shoot competitively, and so my perceptions of the feel of these triggers is not all it could be, but for me the SSA-E feels great for a semi-auto precision rifle, and the Elftmann also has been excellent in my beginner 1 and 2 level defensive courses.

Had an emergency and in Bend right now, I will check it tomorrow, but I'm almost positive all the springs are right and I dry fired several times without the upper and then by charging it.
Seems to be working right, but I'll check it tomorrow.

The first stage should only be take-up. Then the "wall" where it breaks clean. Shouldn't be any "click" when pressing the trigger to the rear on the first stage.

Had an emergency and in Bend right now, I will check it tomorrow, but I'm almost positive all the springs are right and I dry fired several times without the upper and then by charging it.
Seems to be working right, but I'll check it tomorrow.
Don't let the hammer crash into the receiver when you dry-fire with the upper removed.
Catch the hammer.

So, I have been busy or sick for several weeks, but finally got to take it out.

I went through about 150 round, some slower shots, but mostly more rapid double and triple tap to see how it felt.

It was a little different have that "take up" as the first stage on an AR, not something I was really used to, but other than being different, wasn't an issue at all.

I found that that first stage take up made the lighter pull not an issue and actually felt fairly nice and follow up shots were quick and controlled. I don't think I will be using the heavier spring.

It does feel different than I am used to, but also feels really nice and I do like it a lot. I like it better than my 3.5lb CMC flat face on my AR9 and we will see if I want to switch over any other after another 500rds or so.

Overall the trigger is really smooth, no grit at all and feels really nice.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top