JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My preference is for reduced angle grips. My favorite so far is the TangoDown BG-18 and it can be found for under $20. It's small enough to work for my wife and comfortable enough to work for me. No storage though. They also have a more traditional swept back angle and a larger size. I believe those have storage.
20190920_195658.jpg
20190920_195543_resized.jpg

My preference is for reduced angle grips. My favorite so far is the TangoDown BG-18 and it can be found for under $20. It's small enough to work for my wife and comfortable enough to work for me. No storage though. They also have a more traditional swept back angle and a larger size. I believe those have storage.
View attachment 623391
View attachment 623392

This is one I've not tried yet but really like the original so I've been wanting to give it a shot.

So I got my trigger ordered and was thinking about changing out the grip.

the one I have is an A2 I think. Has that that little bump in it. It's actually one I took off another gun and put a Daniel Defense on.

I was about to order another Daniel Defense, but thought I would ask.

I have some hand issues and prefer a smaller grip, I do like the DD grip.
I know there are lots and different grip angles.
This probably won't be as interesting as the trigger thread, but I got good advice from that and ordered the 2 stage.

edit: I think I want to try something with less grip angle.
HK 416 Battle grip

Huh. Who knew there were so many grips that did the same thing. I've got several AR's, they all have whatever came on them. I'm still learning about "the world beyond factory stock AR's." I have one with a scope on it, rest have carrying handles. I find pulling out the charging handle is awkward with a scope attached. Recently, I was looking through Midway's online catalog and discovered, low and behold, little charging handle latches that stick out away from the side of the upper so you can get a better grip on it. I bought one, don't remember what brand. Wow, I can pull the handle out now with one finger, don't have to grab both sides. What'll they think of next.

I personally like FAB Defense's AG43 family. Pricey, and they seem to be an outfit you have either really good luck or really bad luck with and little middle-ground in between, but they've never given me any problems.

AG43 on my M4 above, A2 on the girlfriend's C8 below:
onscZUO.jpg

Last Edited:
Depends in the build..
I like BCM Mod3 for any build. it's a great all around grip ...if I had to use only one on every AR I ever built.. It would be the BCM. It's my recommendation to the OP.... Hands down.

My personal preference for Rifle/carbine is the Ergo... The LPK I bought for my very first build came with and Ergo, and after trying out dozens and dozens of different grips, I just keep going back to it. I normally HATE finger groves on a pistol grip(Glock especially.. thank you Gen 5!) Ergo's are a rare exception..the delux fatty ergo is my fav for bench shooting
For my shortest pistol "Scarlett" I tried them all... settled on the B5
And for my EOD Mk18 I went with the Tango Down BG16.. it was the best clone correct option... the LSO was a close second..the BG18 does look interesting, the reduced angle might be nice, but something about the palm swell in the BG16 works even with a shorter LOP.
That said my mind changes a lot, and I switch them around all the time...

Here are a few of my favorite grips... the ones that I don't have to dig for anyway.. I know I have a few more around here somewhere... and multiple colors of some.
893BFE63-EDB5-4639-8905-0F6C065AA05F.jpeg

Last Edited:
The grip I've been most impressed with lately is the factory Sig MPX. I liked it so much after fondling one at a LGS that I found them online a bought a couple for builds. Idk about reduced grip angles but this one fits in the handle nicely and has a rough but comfortable texture to it.

20191010_192831.jpg 1700993-01-R_Z.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads