JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A) 95% sure you are incorrect.

B) cycle time is not about how fast you can pull the trigger. Its about the gun getting done moving around so its not affecting your shot as you line up your sight picture and pull the trigger again.

There is a lot going on in that timeframe, both mechanically and mentally, unless you are just holding on amd yanking the trigger as fast as you can?
Any decent pcc is way faster than your stated B) line up your sight picture and pull the trigger again, unless your some kind of superman, which maybe you are. Even with the only so so triger on the akv it will bump way faster than i can count them coming out and surely faster than i can aim

Last Edited:
The 2200 fps 50 grain the sights don't move even on a 4" barrel.
You yourself posted the gel test where this ammo only penetrated to 11" and that was bare gel with no fabric in front. I am guessing that stuff would penetrate even less through a few layers of clothes. Do yourself a favor and pick something with adequate penetration in 9mm. As I stated before I like 124 gold dots and 147 hst in 9mm. Both are well vetted.

Do you really think if you're mag dumping even a 22lr at an intruder he's going to stand there & anylize what make model & caliber gun he's being shot with?
All the better reason to use good ammo. They will be moving and presenting less than perfect shot angles.

Can someone find a shot timer/accuracy test showing speed of PCC vs an ar15?

I looked briefly but couldn't find one. This is the only slightly plausable argument presented here and I would like to deconstruct it as well. o_O

Compact, ability to have same magazines as a pistol, common round, suppressable with relative ease.

The quiet factor is a good reason, low muzzle flash at night, low recoil, easy follow up shots if needed.

Can someone find a shot timer/accuracy test showing speed of PCC vs an ar15?

I looked briefly but couldn't find one. This is the only slightly plausable argument presented here and I would like to deconstruct it as well. o_O
Curious, are you comparing the full length rifle vs carbine pistol?
Say.. AR-15 in .223 and AR-9 Rifle?

Or can this be an AR-15 in .223 vs AR-9 pistol?

Asking for a friend.
(I can binary mode my AR9 fairly accurately, I lose a little when using 5.56/.223)

Compact, ability to have same magazines as a pistol, common round, suppressable with relative ease.

The quiet factor is a good reason, low muzzle flash at night, low recoil, easy follow up shots if needed.
.300 blk AR pistol suppressed, 5.56 carbine or rifle... ;)

Versus 9mm handgun, 9mm carbine taking same magazines

Or 10mm versionss, or .45 ACP, or the .45 Super modified ones?

Better comparison.
.45 Long Colt, .357 magnum, .44 magnum,
Revolver
Lever action carbine

I am going to do some redneck seat of the pants testing Sunday with 4 different AR pistols. A 5" 9mm, 10.5" 5.56, 11" 7.62x39 and 9" 300blk. Won't be scientific just for my own entertainment and to change or reinforce my opinion. I am thinking 20 rds as fast as I can get back on target at 25 yds and then just compare groups being on target and possibly speed.

Last Edited:
A well tuned PCC with the right spring and buffer weight has less felt recoil than a comparable 5.56 model of the same gun and will cycle faster than you can pull the trigger. A misunderstanding of physics is also a bubblegum.
Exactly what I was going to say. If you're going to compare anything to a "well tuned" AR it should be an also well tuned PCC. I can feel the bolt carrier cycling on my 9mm build but it isn't an explosive amount of recoil. I cannot fathom how anyone, male or female or any size or age could get a sore shoulder from even a reasonably well tuned 9mm PCC. There is a lot more weight in that bolt carrier but it is moving considerably slower.

Curious, are you comparing the full length rifle vs carbine pistol?
Say.. AR-15 in .223 and AR-9 Rifle?

Or can this be an AR-15 in .223 vs AR-9 pistol?

Asking for a friend.
(I can binary mode my AR9 fairly accurately, I lose a little when using 5.56/.223)

I would think a fair comparison would be a 11.5-12.5" 5.56 AR pistol/SBR.

Maybe a 8.5-10.5" 300 blk.

H2 or vltor A5 h2 buffer. Correctly sized gas port. Similar triggers.

Very curious to be honest.

145, why not 150, 3 boxes?

Because he isn't carrying them in boxes, they are loaded in magazines. (4x17)+(2x33)+(10+1)=145

Now unfailingly he goes to work carrying 145 handgun rounds, all 9 mm. These include three extra 17-round magazines for his primary sidearm (currently a Glock 17), plus two 33-round mags tucked in his vest, as well as the backup gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top