JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hundreds of thousands of those carbines since 1995 and I read about more issues with the company's handguns than the carbines :rolleyes:

And with all that "history" the only time you see them is on some wannabe's Snapchat or in the classifieds for barely more than dinner and a movie. :rolleyes:

And with all that "history" the only time you see them is on some wannabe's Snapchat or in the classifieds for barely more than dinner and a movie. :rolleyes:
Its like that fat or ugly girl giving favors to guys... the guys won't admit it, but they enjoy them all the same ;) :p

Anyways. I'd be willing to pay up to $75 for a 80% pistol caliber AR lower as long as the barrel/bolt kits aren't more than $300 :D

Its like that fat or ugly girl giving favors to guys... the guys won't admit it, but they enjoy them all the same ;) :p

Anyways. I'd be willing to pay up to $75 for a 80% pistol caliber AR lower as long as the barrel/bolt kits aren't more than $300 :D
Before this panic I bought a half dozen AR9 lowers, some were in that range. Before this you may have been able to find the parts to make an upper for your price point too. Again now it's good luck, but hopefully this will not last much longer. When market correct and pipe line fills up again prices should come back down again. Building one was for me a lot of damn fun too.

I don't mind finding one where I could use Ruger P series magazines in an AR style platform, as opposed to glock sticks :rolleyes:
That would be hard to find. No doubt anyone with some knowledge could make one work with those but cost would be high for the work. Only thing I have yet seen is either Colt SMG or Glock. Guessing they picked these two as they were so common

That would be hard to find. No doubt anyone with some knowledge could make one work with those but cost would be high for the work. Only thing I have yet seen is either Colt SMG or Glock. Guessing they picked these two as they were so common
Yeah, another reason I'd be willing for 80% pistol lowers...... :D mill your own mag catch,.or dremel it :eek:

Edit. There's 32rd Ruger P series mags out there, another reason... sure would like to find the original 1990s Ruger PC9 for less than $700 but that aint likely due to the extremely limited number made, compared to the new ones

I'm keen to see the actual reviews and price of Palmetto State's new AR-9 when it comes out. They announced it at this year's Shot Show, and it takes CZ Scorpion mags.

Yeah, another reason I'd be willing for 80% pistol lowers...... :D mill your own mag catch,.or dremel it :eek:
Don't see why that would not work but, not sure how easy it would be. I took a shot of an 80% AR9 lower thats made for Glock with both a Glock mag in it and a Ruger P89 mag. Hard to see well in pics but the Ruger mag is quite a bit smaller so would not only need to put in a new catch but would probably have to shim the well also so you could get a good consistent hold. Now I don't own a lower set up for the Colt mags so they may be closer to the size you want. Be interesting to see if you could get it to work.

Mag1.png Mag2.png

The Ruger 9mm cabine take downs use Ruger mads also. I have some 9mm Berreta CXs that take Berreta 92 mags & the PX mags mags too but too much plastic I like the Rugers much better & the way they come apar.

I love the caliber, it is offered in a multitude of platforms, cheap to shoot, accurate and most people can handle the recoil easily. But a decisive stopper round it is not. I see many threads here touting these pcc's and ar pistol builds for hd , truck guns and such. I get it if that is all you have available but at home or even in a vehicle, if you have the ability to have a larger platform than the typical auto pistol, why choose 9mm? I will give you the mag commonality argument and these platforms allowing for better accuracy but it is still a pistol round with limited lethality. I think the better choice for serious work would be a shotgun or sbr/pistol ar in 5.56 or 300blk or My choice 7.62x39. Of course a sbr/pistol AK would be great also. Let me have it, am I thinking wrong?
Unless its an MP5 guaranteed terrorist killer lol
In all seriousness I agree with you. An sbr in 556 or 7.62x39 outclasses 9mm in almost every area.

Edit. There's 32rd Ruger P series mags out there, another reason... sure would like to find the original 1990s Ruger PC9 for less than $700 but that aint likely due to the extremely limited number made, compared to the new ones
Those were another of those guns that when they were making them few seemed to want. Then of course after they stopped making them suddenly price went up :confused:
They were regularly available when the new version came out. Now when the panic is over again they "may" come down in price. The new version they sell inserts that use SR9 and and American mags.
Now the P-89 mag does seem to fit fine in the mag holder that comes with the new Ruger if you want to use SR9 mags. The only thing keeping them from locking is the catch is in the wrong place. If you want to be able to use the P89 mags in the new version of the Ruger it sure looks like you could just cut another catch in the mag to make it latch . If someone wanted to try this one of the cheap after market mags would be great for experimenting on. Assuming this works you should be able to get one of the new versions for less than $500 after the market panic is over again. Paid $525 for mine and if I remember correctly they got down to around $450 before all this panic got going again. I have a box of old after market P89 mags. I may take the time to try to make one work with my new PC9 just for the hell of it. Have a couple old 20 round P89 mags too that would be great to try as I have little use for them now. The 89 has long been a safe queen. Be an interesting project some day when I have nothing else to do:)

Mag3.png Mag4.png

I have a P85 MkIIR, so P95 mags may or may not interchange, but I haven't been able to confirm either way... since I have 5 mags that all works in it.. 2 15rders having thick plastic baseplates, 1 10rd with plastic baseplate and restricting side dimples, and the 2 original steel baseplate 15rd magazines

I have a P85 MkIIR, so P95 mags may or may not interchange, but I haven't been able to confirm either way... since I have 5 mags that all works in it.. 2 15rders having thick plastic baseplates, 1 10rd with plastic baseplate and restricting side dimples, and the 2 original steel baseplate 15rd magazines
The info is out there somewhere as to when you 85 was made. When I bought my 89 it was just when the great Clinton ban was going in. Only reason I bought it was I wanted one double stack 9. At the time some 85 mags fit. They told you when you went to buy 85 mags to check your serial # for when they were made. At a certain point they changed for some damn reason. The ones made after that date were the same as the 89/ then later the 95 ,mags. If you search it should be on some site still where the cut off was on serial #'s
At least I think this was how it went. Been a good while now so I could be all wet on this :cool:

Far as I could tell, the 85 supposedly interchanges with 89 mags up to a certain serial number range. :rolleyes: but again, I've not picked up a P series mag that didn't fit...

It might be easier to 3d print or find a way to make a specific mag well block that fits the P85-P89 mags to the newer PC9 series?

Edit, or 3d print/machine a mix of original PC9 and new PC9 magazine/trigger guard area?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top