JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If we could ever eliminate the SBR part of NFA1934; then having legal SBRs in shorter barrels would make more sense for pistol calibers :rolleyes:
Yepers. I loved the idea of an SBR the first time I got to shoot one. It was just too much damn hassle dealing with the NFA hoops. When I finally tried a good brace it was fantastic. SBR without all the damn hoops. Of course sadly with people lining up to give up rights not sure how long we will be able to use the Brace sadly.

I have the Banshee & 2 BM9's ( ECHO & std).
The 9's are great fun and an affordable shoot.

9's may be questionable for penetration. But, good enough for the FBI, good enough for me.
I don't want to be on the loud end takin lead.

Why PCC? Because I can shoot faster, be more accurate at >25' range, put more rounds down range than a pistol and also be more compact than an AR. Folded, my PCCs fit in a small, discreet shoulder bag that doesn't get a second look in the mall or walking in public. With a 20 RD mag inserted, plus 2 35rd mags on board makes a nice load out.
Makes me feel much better going into vacant houses and sketchy areas for work. And, in the gravest extreme, I will keep my hearing.
A riffle makes me feel "over gunned" if that makes sense, for daily carry.
Plus the goodies that attach. Much more effective.
09ED08E3-55C4-49AE-9F89-87B22CA3EC67.jpeg 19B0B808-55B2-411E-A84B-D5E3530E707C.jpeg

For perceived "real work" in a small package, I still reach for a 10.5" AR with brace.
I'm not sold on the AR folding adapters and feel they are over priced. YMMV

Yepers. I loved the idea of an SBR the first time I got to shoot one. It was just too much damn hassle dealing with the NFA hoops. When I finally tried a good brace it was fantastic. SBR without all the damn hoops. Of course sadly with people lining up to give up rights not sure how long we will be able to use the Brace sadly.

The hassle is gone. Form 1'ing an SBR is a 10 minute job any more. It takes longer to roll your own fingerprints than it does to fill out the online form. Seriously order a hundred of so fingerprint cards from the ATF for free and a $7 amazon fingerprint pad. Approval is under a month these days. Since they took way the LEO signoff its nothing like it used to be

Why PCC? Because I can shoot faster, be more accurate at >25' range, put more rounds down range than a pistol and also be more compact than an AR. Folded, my PCCs fit in a small, discreet shoulder bag that doesn't get a second look in the mall or walking in public. With a 20 RD mag inserted, plus 2 35rd mags on board makes a nice load out.
Makes me feel much better going into vacant houses and sketchy areas for work. And, in the gravest extreme, I will keep my hearing.
A riffle makes me feel "over gunned" if that makes sense, for daily carry.
Plus the goodies that attach. Much more effective.
View attachment 681428View attachment 681429

For perceived "real work" in a small package, I still reach for a 10.5" AR with brace.
I'm not sold on the AR folding adapters and feel they are over priced. YMMV
y21boq.jpg

True fire folded capability with the BRN-180 upper.

I like the idea of several guns using the same ammo & mags, including take down Ruger 9mm carbine, uses Glock mags as does my new Gatling gun, what a blast! 33 rd korean mags for $7.99 ea. You can change the gearing of the Gatling to 1:1 & set 1800rpm like the 1877 had. These are true to design real Galting gun with silly but easily changed wheels. The advantages over a "machine gun" are variable speed, if you have a dud it just drops in the pile with the empy brass, trasfers on a 4473, $4500 OTD, light weight 65#. Put on a tripod they work fantastic. Gatling put an electric motor on in 1883 & ran at 3000 RPM, They were made from 1" bore to 22lr & many in 30 cal 30/40 krag. And then we come to Custers Last Stand.
For the purpose of conjecture and discussion, it should be noted that when Gen. George Custer's entire troop was annihilated at Little Big Horn in 1876. his headquarters had on hand four of the 90-pound Gatlings having a rate of fire of 1,000 rounds a minute. These perfected
MG-1-033-15t.jpg
General Custer, Who Left his Gatlings Behind When He Met Sitting Bull at Little Big Horn.​
weapons were designed especially for animal transportation, and could be fired from horseback or from the ground on a tripod mounting. They were chambered for the Army standard caliber .45-70-405 infantry center-fire rifle cartridge. Had General Custer taken with him only one of the four that were available, the phrase "Custer massacre," so well known to every school child, would have had a reverse meaning--as one can hardly visualize a more perfect target for a tripod-mounted machine gun than a band of Indians galloping in a circle.

The hassle is gone. Form 1'ing an SBR is a 10 minute job any more. It takes longer to roll your own fingerprints than it does to fill out the online form. Seriously order a hundred of so fingerprint cards from the ATF for free and a $7 amazon fingerprint pad. Approval is under a month these days. Since they took way the LEO signoff its nothing like it used to be
Do you still need a Trust to do this? Are these still something you can't leave the state with until you get an OK? I take it you still can't sell it until the buyer does the same? Also if they have these down to 30 days why the hell is a can still taking so long? Wife has long wanted to get a can or two. Only reason we have not is dealers saying its still taking the better part of a year to get the damn stamp.
Until they take the braces away no interest to me any more. At this point even if I could just walk in and buy the stamp like a firearm I can't see the reason to pay the $200 any more, at least until they take the Braces away from us.

Do you still need a Trust to do this? Are these still something you can't leave the state with until you get an OK? I take it you still can't sell it until the buyer does the same? Also if they have these down to 30 days why the hell is a can still taking so long? Wife has long wanted to get a can or two. Only reason we have not is dealers saying its still taking the better part of a year to get the damn stamp.
Until they take the braces away no interest to me any more. At this point even if I could just walk in and buy the stamp like a firearm I can't see the reason to pay the $200 any more, at least until they take the Braces away from us.

No, you dont need a trust. Individual is MUCH easier now. Yes, you need a permission slip but that is probably the easiest thing that you can do. Once a year blanket sort of thing. I dont know why form 4's take so long. A form 1 silencer is still 1 month and easier than ever to "build". With an SBR throw a brace on it and sell it whenever you want. Don't make it harder than it is.

No, you dont need a trust. Individual is MUCH easier now. Yes, you need a permission slip but that is probably the easiest thing that you can do. Once a year blanket sort of thing. I dont know why form 4's take so long. A form 1 silencer is still 1 month and easier than ever to "build". With an SBR throw a brace on it and sell it whenever you want. Don't make it harder than it is.
Will have to check into a can then. We have a handful of guns ready for one now, only thing that kept holding us up was the damn wait time. May be able to get the Wife a can to try on a couple of the .22's to start. I could live with the $200, it was the stupid wait time that really got me. This could be fun!

Whoever said use 35 cal doesn't know a 9mm is 38 cal? & whoever said 1500 fps works well in a silencer isn't right as it's going to have a sonic crack with a silencer, I like they Liberty 9mm 50 grain that says 2000 fps but goes 2200+ out of a 4" 9mm barrel for a self defese carry handgun. Massive damage.

Last Edited:
Whoever said use 35 cal doesn't know a 9mm is 38 cal & whoever said 1500 fps works well in a silencer isn't right as is going to have a sonic boom with a silencer, I like they Liberty 9mm 50 grain that says 2000 fps but goes 2200+ out of a 4" 9mm barrel for a self defese carry handgun. Massive damage.
I have to guess the 35 was them rounding. A 9mm is not .38 caliber. If you ever start rolling your own you will find the 9mm is normally .355-.356 depending on the slug you choose. So this may be why they said 35. Even firearms calling themselves "38 Caliber" are normally using slugs in the .357-.358 range. Can't remember off the top how these came to be called 38's. Sure it's there for anyone who cares to search it.
Now as to suppressors. Yes if the slug is breaking the sonic point there is a crack from it. If you ever get to shoot a rifle with a Suppressor on it in something like .223 or .308 you will see there is still a HUGE difference in what the shooter hears when using a can. Suppressors even on sub sonic do not sound like Hollywood has for ever told people they sound like. They do make the sound FAR less though even if the bullet is breaking the sonic point.

Ive done 4 individual form 1 SBRs in the last 3 months. None of them took longer than 27 days e-file to approved stamp.
This is starting to temp me for use on some of the $2400 we have coming :)
Don't have access to a lathe any more sadly or this would really be tempting. Used to be able to go into work on time off to use the stuff there. Miss those days. Still will have to look into this. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top