JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My next AR will be a pistol built around a 12.5" Criterion CORE Series.
AR-15 CORE SERIES, CARBINE GAS - Criterion Barrels

When you consider the increased dwell time and velocity over a 10.3/10.5" and even 11.5", I think it is the sweet spot for shorter barrels in 5.56.

Its my favorite length. Both my 12.5s shoot like a dream.
20200327_201830.jpg

Its my favorite length. Both my 12.5s shoot like a dream.
View attachment 684009

Who makes that dizzy barrel?

I dig those DD RIS handguards, I have an FSP version on a Colt 6920 I plan to tear back down and replace the government barrel with a SOCOM. I figure what the heck it's already a heavy pig.

If you ever want a dedicated suppressed 12.5", Centurion make a mid-length that I hear is pretty sweet. You have to call them as they took it off their web page because too many buffoons buy and try to run it with the cheapest ammo they can find w/o a suppressor.

Who makes that dizzy barrel?

I dig those DD RIS handguards, I have an FSP version on a Colt 6920 I plan to tear back down and replace the government barrel with a SOCOM. I figure what the heck it's already a heavy pig.

Thats a BCM Kino upper. It's a pig for sure but it cycles great, amd if I ever get a MAWl and a PVS-14 it will be my MAWL host due to the rugged handguard.

Slapping the socom barrel in that 6920 is a good plan. I was planning on building an upper like that for a while. Solid, accurate, etc.

When I first "heard" of this the Speer +P 124 stuff was what I already had for a "house gun" 9mm pistol. So of course it went into that first 9mm PCC. It sure made me look at that little rifle in a whole new light.
It has been somewhat humorous to hear for a couple decades now people saying the stuff either may not work or will not work as it clearly does because they "heard" someone else speculate. I could kind of understand this kind of "urban myth" stuff before the days of the net but, this info has been easy to find for a long time now. Yet many still keep up the myth <shrug>

With several 10mm Auto loads being documented as no stronger than .40S&W loads; I'm not convinced that DI gas op would help much :rolleyes:
Radial blowback seems better?
Long Recoil (moving barrel) might be easier to keep overall weight light due to mass of 16" steel barrel functioning as the bolt...
Thats olny beacause companys cheap out on the 10 mm ammo and load it to 40sw specs, real 10mm is a solid round and very comparable to 357 mag

With several 10mm Auto loads being documented as no stronger than .40S&W loads; I'm not convinced that DI gas op would help much :rolleyes:
Radial blowback seems better?
Long Recoil (moving barrel) might be easier to keep overall weight light due to mass of 16" steel barrel functioning as the bolt...
That could sure be interesting to see if someone comes up with something workable. Of course the one big problem is with the market so unsure not many are going to spend a lot of capitol for the R&D. Sure sounds like it could make one hell of a nice system.
I have one PCC that is 10MM and is of course blowback. Uses a standard AR Mil-Spec buffer tube but no buffer, just the spring. They use a VERY heavy bolt group instead to work with the buffer spring. Using a Mil-Spec AR stock it's very easy for me to shoot. It certainly lets you know it's there but with hot defense ammo it's still very tame. Now if they could shave a good amount of weight off it? Hell always nice. Co that made it makes a pistol version too that of course takes any of the AR braces. It was a hell of a nice idea as you buy one gun from them, does not matter caliber, and you can buy the stuff from them to make it .22, 9mm,.40, 10mm, 357 Sig, and .45 ACP. The pistol version they make is the same. Buy one and you can have all the calibers with the same receiver. If the guy who makes them was not such a poor business person I would be tempted to buy one of the pistol versions too. Since I already have the bolts set up for both 10mm and .45, I could just swap to either of these on a whim with just an extra barrel.

Last Edited:
Weird concept idea, probably already being prototyped :rolleyes:

Fixed barrel, about 16 inches
Rotating bolt head (like the radial blowback system)
Carrier is concentric with barrel; the bolt head is at the rear; just like a handgun slide.
Frame can be based on any existing pistol grip system; for various magazine-in-grip types.
It would be a single tube design much like a Sten, Sterling, Mech-Tech with the difference being instead of mass delaying blowback, or a tilting barrel blowback, it would be cam locked?

Not 100% sure how easy it would be to build though. It probably would look very similar to the Mech-tech carbine kits.

I don't know about "serious" work but they are are seriously fun to shoot.
I just pumped 500 rnds through the one I put together earlier this week.
9mm NATO, M1152, 147gn Blazer Brass, 124gn HST and 147gn HST.
JO3eiubh.jpg
Endomags worked flawlessly.

Got a linear Comp and a better BCG from KAW Valley coming in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top