JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well @Melmelhunter and @SunShineShan82
I talked to @HighlandLofts .
Today we are not going shooting this week it's supposed to rain and from what I have heard they have closed all DNR LAND.
AND PUBLIC LAND.
because of CV19 and the stay at home order.

Yeah they closed it because people wouldn't obey the order to not gather in crowds. I drove by a few parks and I saw so many people in the parks, it looked like one of those massive neighborhood BBQ parties. We will have to wait until they open the parks which most likely won't be anytime soon. The local range is open though so maybe I can get some practise in there.

You can put some weightlifting plates in the bottom of the safe to help deter thieves. If it weighs 250 pounds they'll have a much harder time getting it out of the house than if it weighs 75.

The reality is that does very little for someone targeting a safe, the reason for bolting to the wall AND floor is not to prevent someone from walking off with it, it is so they can't tip it over to work on and then requires solid blocking and/or epoxy or expansion anchors into concrete to do it right. Safes are fine for keeping youngins and other unauthorized individuals that aren't determined to gain entry, but if theft is a major concern a safe in only a single part of a multi-layered plan of defense.

The video below demonstrates how easily most safes can be defeated...

The reality is that does very little for someone targeting a safe, the reason for bolting to the wall AND floor is not to prevent someone from walking off with it, it is so they can't tip it over to work on and then requires solid blocking and/or epoxy or expansion anchors into concrete to do it right. Safes are fine for keeping youngins and other unauthorized individuals that aren't determined to gain entry, but if theft is a major concern a safe in only a single part of a multi-layered plan of defense.

The video below demonstrates how easily most safes can be defeated...

I am getting it for my kids in case they have friends over and they go wandering. I am aware I need to bolt it to floors and walls and one day I will when I can afford to buy my own house. So, for now my tiny safe will work for what I need. I am not so worried about my kids with the guns as they are older and very responsible but, I can't say the same for their friends.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews