JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not trying to make a point with this - But I don't care WHO you are - That's Funny!

IMG_0675.jpg

I have, and cheaply made stuff from foreign countries is hit or miss. But we aren't talking about some Walmart special garbage can here. We are talking about a FIREARM that CAN hurt the operator if it fails let alone the novel idea that firearms may be used for self defense and knowingly releasing product after product that fails shows they just don't care.

I'll never understand why people are so quick to part with their hard earned money on a product from a company known for making junk. Why? Just to show off the "space gun" at the range?

They are fun though. The PMR30 has low recoil and shoots dinner plate sized fireballs out the front. Loud and flashy and a lot of fun at the range since everyone likes shooting it. I kept a sub200 in the trunk. backup firearm, used glock mags and was cheep enough that it would not be terrible if it did get stolen.

No I'd never use one as a carry gun or home defense, but they fit a niche

I kept a sub200 in the trunk. backup firearm, used glock mags
I actually liked the S2K I once had but I could see it was not going to hold up to frequency I was going to shoot it.

Some of the parts were starting to loosen up and I had ideas on modifying the weak stuff (I was also planning on performing the barrel pin mod) but a one time experience of disassembly & cleaning ended that and I sold it shortly thereafter.

You know... I'm probably one of the bigger 5.7 fans out there, but every time I see another video of this thing I just can't get excited over it.

I loved the Ruger 57 - until I shot one. Weird trigger. But this thing just looks too awkward.

He said they were more handy if braced - that would be nifty, if someone were to invest in producing such a thing in these times.

Would love to hold one just to see.

I went ahead and merged.

And my perspective remains; dig weird and would really like to give 5.7㎜ a spin. But at the end of the day, Kel-Tec, so not wasting the time and funds on such a venture.

Parenthetically, the 7.5㎜ FK is starting to look more tempting, but that is another topic.

I still think this guy is a better choice. Looks tiny and light. Lower capacity, yes, likely 10x better build quality over the KelTec.

I need another caliber like I need a 5th hole in my a$$. As an SBR plat
Keltec QC is a joke.
I've occasionally bought Keltec products since the P11. Their QC was poor, has been improving, and overall quality does seem to depend a bit on the product in question. My PMR-30 has been great. The P-32 was also good. The P-40 was ... rough.

Their bullpup rifle is rumored to be well put together.

The trigger on the PMR-30 is actually decent BTW.

I don't need a $1000 ergonomically questionable pistol that shoots ammo I don't have. So for the OP, no. Not at this time.

I have no interest in anything 5.7 related, but my experience with Kel-Tec has been very satisfactory; my Sub-2000 has performed flawlessly with about 2000 rounds of various ammunition through it. There are some minor issues with the ergonomics (especially the relatively low sight-height) but given how compact and simple the package is, it makes for a great firearm to keep in my emergency preparedness bag.

That is not to say that I would inherently trust their other products, but then again, I don't trust any firearm from any manufacturer until it's been put through the paces.