JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The history of the west and the vast tracts of land sold to corporations in exchange for allowing the public access is interesting.

Also a contentious debate among conservatives. One side thinks since it's all technically private property, then the corporations are free from any social responsibility and obligation to allow people to use it, while the other side thinks the original spirit of the agreement needs to be honored and continue to allow the public access to areas to camp, hunt, and fish, of which families have been doing for generations.

Both sides have valid points.

Unverified, but worth checking if considering, someone told me the fee only allowed the permit holder assess hunt, no spouse, friend, helper etc. Each person entering must be a permit holder and pay the fee, and no vehicles either.
AGAIN, so I've been told.
If so, That's a crappy deal for your money in my mind!!

Unverified, but worth checking if considering, someone told me the fee only allowed the permit holder assess hunt, no spouse, friend, helper etc. Each person entering must be a permit holder and pay the fee, and no vehicles either.
AGAIN, so I've been told.
If so, That's a crappy deal for your money in my mind!!

Not true. Permit allows permit holder, spouse, and kids 18 and under. Permit holder must be present however. The one I purchase allows vehicle access 52 weeks out of the year.

There are some areas in my district that are walk in only for those folks who want to get away from vehicles.

-E-

Not true. Permit allows permit holder, spouse, and kids 18 and under. Permit holder must be present however. The one I purchase allows vehicle access 52 weeks out of the year.

There are some areas in my district that are walk in only for those folks who want to get away from vehicles.

-E-
Good to know, thanks for clearing that up. i never verified it because No way was I going to pay. The State gets enough. The no vehicle came from a sign at a gate reading such regarding permit holders.
Also good to know, that it is not ubiquitous for Weyerheauser and other areas will allow vehicles.

As for target shooting........a big "no".

Weyerhaeuser is of the opinion that if the general public is going to shoot trees in half and leave trash and shot up TVs everywhere, they can do it on lands that the general public owns.

As for target shooting........a big "no".

Weyerhaeuser is of the opinion that if the general public is going to shoot trees in half and leave trash and shot up TVs everywhere, they can do it on lands that the general public owns.
That was the first thing I thought of when I read this. MANY people who shoot are their own worst enemies. They help anti gun people get elected at every election, then a LOT of them head out to a place to shoot and trash it. As soon as the signs go up saying they can't shoot there anymore the people who made the mess scream. As soon as the people they help elect start in with anti gun laws they scream. :s0054:

One thing to note is their permit is only good for a specific area and the boundaries aren't the same as the hunting units. So if you wanted, for example, to hunt Deer in the Cascades that would be one permit and to hunt elk in the Coast Range would be a different permit. I do think you are allowed to cut a little firewood with the permit.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top