JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All of the gates that used to be Longview and are now Weyerhaeuser have prominent signs warning "No Trespass".

Edit. Meant to say "All of the gates I've seen".

I was pissed off about all the gates ect. But, look at it this way...Soon we will be over ran with bear, cougar, deer, and elk. Then we don't have to go the woods to hunt them. They will come to us in town....lol. There still is a lot of country they can't gate or enforce.

I'm not sure if they legally have the right to keep you from traveling a maintained road to access BLM land either.They do it, but is it legal?BLM tells me, they have a right to gate it, if they are maintaining the road, but they haven't said they have a right to prosecute if you are walking in.

In all probability you were seeking access to federal lands in an area of checkerboard ownership. In which case, the road systems are covered by a reciprocal road agreement. In a nutshell, the agreement gives all landowners the right to access their lands along that stretch of road and to proportionately share the maintenance costs based on the total miles of road on their land. Access is limited to those who are part of the agreement; and for the government agency that is specified in the agreement as 'employees and authorized agents' as I recall.

The federal government could get general public access on those roads by using the condemnation process to purchase an non-exclusive easement right, or purchase the same from a willing landowner. It is the rare landowner that willingly sells such an easement.

IIRC in Washington State there is a process for acquiring 'a way of necessity' for landlocked private property owners, but it is expensive, time consuming and involves lawyers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top