JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Really doubt that they are doing this. I've consulted with them and have not seen anything like this.

Where were you in recent history, when they oiled the roads from Coos Bay to Roseburg Or over a foot thick?

When are they going to rip up that road and dispose of that oil? They never did that I know of.

If you had a tank in the ground and it leaked you would Hang for the cleanup. Every day that road infects the Dellwood, Williams and the Tioga Rivers to name just three main branches of the COOS River SYSTEM.

When there was old growth and a 100 foot set back to certain rivers and streams, to save the remainder of the fish they killed with splash dams, they never complied - Show me the rivers and streams lined with old growth. Not only did they not comply with the EPA at the time they dumped the trees right in the river to be collected.

They left log rafts in the Coos River and Bay that crushed the life out of every living thing in tidal waters for miles on each side. The Coos river system is essentially dead, compared to its past, just in my life time!

Oh and lets not forget the spraying near or on small private property owners. You must remember that harmless 2/4d in the water systems that killed the unborn fetuses of several young women I knew earlier in life and the many others I did not know and that there cry's finally had a boundary created.

That company cares only about it own interest and that will never change.

If you believe otherwise show me the salmon, strip bass and cut throat trout hatcheries they are supporting. Show me the research they are doing to find and help to recover the remaining nearly extinct and extinct species they are responsible for destroying and help me to understand how a sterile lot of the same species of tree supports life other than itself. I sir walked amongst the old growth forest and know the difference.

Silver Hand

Last Edited:
My issue is if this is private land and they are charging for access, then they are most likely going to be using State and County law enforcement to kick anyone off that hasnt paid. Which means we are paying with our tax dollars to protect their land. Our DNR officers are already stretched thin, how is this going to help.

Pardon me as I just entered the conversation and I didn't read all the posts but...

Doesn't Oregon law prohibit the sale of hunts? Couldn't land access permits for hunting be in a manner "selling a hunt."

Or am I somehow mistaken?

Eagle

Not likely. If their attorneys are worth their salt, they've already tied up this loose end. Maybe they've already determined their cut. Of the mountain of citations that will be issued this fall, that is. I assume WDFW will be enforcing this. Gonna need more tan trucks.

How about their right to lock up many square miles of BLM land locked behind their gates. Do they have the right to do this? The answer is yes! According to BLM. You think perhaps Big timber and Government aren't in Cahoots:rolleyes:

There is also some 'Land locked' property, owned by WA DNR in Cowlitz Co, that has no access and W. will not give easement. It's like they've seized our land!

I've written to my Congressman about this. I doubt I'll hear from him, but if not he will get another, and another. I also plan to and would suggest others to hammer BLM, State and other Federal offices with phone calls about it.

If enough of us complain we might get results. If we don't, then don't expect them to do anything.We need to be heard and in BIG numbers to be effective.

There is also some 'Land locked' property, owned by WA DNR in Cowlitz Co, that has no access and W. will not give easement. It's like they've seized our land!

Cogs, I have a friend here in Douglas county, Oregon that was raised on private land they owned back in the 50's that bordered WH land. When they sold all the land off, they forgot about a a strip of land on the far side of a creek boundary. The family still owns it.The only way to access this property is a BLM road, behind a LOCKED W.H. gate. They could not get a key from WH and all attempts to do something about this fell on deaf ears.BLM refused them a key as well;)

Several years ago, I hunted WH and camped on this piece of private property when the gates were opened for deer and elk seasons. Perfectly legal! Even though it was behind their gate.And they do not allow camping on their land. The BLM road leading to the small strip of land was about a mile long back to the area where we camped. The surrounding land was all BLM. NOT WH!

WH has since placed a huge dirt berm across the road to block all entry.o_O

Truth is....WH owns a huge portion of Oregon forest land, and it would appear they own an equal amount of Government officials.

Maybe fish and wildlife so look at there damage control tags and cut them off letting the animals do what they want and holdinh them responsiable if the deer and elk get poached then maybe they would lower or not have the pay to hunt on there lands and I do know some of the reason they want to charge but the animals aren't theres just the land

Pardon me as I just entered the conversation and I didn't read all the posts but...

Doesn't Oregon law prohibit the sale of hunts? Couldn't land access permits for hunting be in a manner "selling a hunt."

Or am I somehow mistaken?

Eagle

You know this is exactly what I was thinking. I have a friend that has property that borders theirs And he got a letter from them!

Long ago I had a buddy that was a timber cruiser for them and he thought that allot of the land in Oregon was leased from the fed gov in Oregon. He could have been wrong.? maybe they bought it all out..

Eh, I just park and walk in. Unless I see a no shooting sign or no trespassing then it's good to go for me.

Screw them, I wouldn't pay to hunt in our national forests.

Eh, I just park and walk in. Unless I see a no shooting sign or no trespassing then it's good to go for me.

Screw them, I wouldn't pay to hunt in our national forests.

"Joe13, post: 1345081, member: 35730"

This indicates you have no knowledge of the law. If you trespass on private land you can have charges brought against you. Trespassing is a crime and there are some people out there like Curly Barker and some doctor [of whom I have forgotten his name] up the Coos River that think nothing of shooting a trespasser first and taking about it later.
Silver Hand

This indicates you have no knowledge of the law. If you trespass on private land you can have charges brought against you. Trespassing is a crime and there are some people out there like Curly Barker and some doctor [of whom I have forgotten his name] up the Coos River that think nothing of shooting a trespasser first and taking about it later.
Silver Hand
What if your walking on a maintained road that leads to BLM land or other public land? Do they still have the right to shoot first and ask later?You need to look at the laws on the books my friend. You don't have the right to shoot a trespasser for hunting on your land period.
I'm not sure if they legally have the right to keep you from traveling a maintained road to access BLM land either.They do it, but is it legal?BLM tells me, they have a right to gate it, if they are maintaining the road, but they haven't said they have a right to prosecute if you are walking in.

The big guy usually wins out because they have the money. Money equals power. Absolute power! Power corrupts, and that is the way of things.

I never said it was right, I did give two examples of facts that shootings take place.
Feel as free you want! Some may consider there privacy at any cost and others may press charges, trespassing is a crime and it is enforceable.
Silver Hand

Silver Hand

Wow man, wanna make a point or something?

If I am in a National Forest and there is private land adjoining it AND they do not post a private property or no shooting sign OR put up a fence - tell me how Am I supposed to know I shouldn't be there???

If I run into someone without camo or hunter orange on, odds are I won't be the one shot...

This thread was about craphouser land not private property were I would be poaching.

I have always heard that it is the hunters responsibility to know what land they are on and if it's legal, private, or whatever. I'm not exactly sure how you could know exactly who's land you are on at all times unless it's fenced or has signs.... most maps I have see don't lay out all the boundaries of everyone's ownership.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top