JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been reloading for about 4 years now, and I feel like I've learned some great lessons including awesome products that I want to share. All you reloading vets will know this already, but sometimes I forget how many newer people are on this forum.

Everyone will have a different view on this. But I am surprised by how much I enjoy the brass cleaning process. I wet tumble using stainless steel media. I don't know why, but I get a tremendous satisfaction when I pour out the dirty water from my tumbler after it's been spinning for however many hours. Wet tumbling was tedious and a pain at first. And I wondered if I was over-doing this since I only reload 9mm. But I love seeing my brass not just clean, but really shiny. I wonder if anyone else shares this idiosyncrasy of mine?

That's why I want to recommend Guntap. Before, I used to use the Frankford Arsenal Brass Cleaning Solution.

Image-1.jpg

And it made my dirty brass that used to look like this...

IMG_1506.jpg

into looking like this:

IMG_1509.jpg

Now that's not bad and the brass is perfectly clean and usable. However as you can see above, there was no shine to it. The brass color was rather dull and flat. And so someone on this forum recommended Guntap. After having used it, now my brass looks like this:

IMG_1508.jpg

I don't think the picture does it justice, and I'm sure many of you will think that you really cannot see an enough of a difference in these pictures to warrant this big of a deal. But when looking at this live, the brass looks brand new and has a magnificent glare that I love. Guntap is available on Amazon:

IMG_1510.jpg

For those of you for whom this may matter, I wanted to share this great product. For those of you who think this is useless, I understand what you mean. But I'll take any aspects of this great hobby that I can enjoy. Thanks to whoever it was that recommended this awesome product to me. Hope this can help someone.

Thanks for the recommendation, looking NICE!

I've been pretty happy with lemishine (Grocery store) & Dawn dish detergent (Costco) squirt of liquid car wash&wax after a water change.

What we already have lasts a long while (don't use much hardly per batch), so likely will be years before I think on switching....

I'm with Camelfilter. I just recently switched from dry tumbling with walnut shells to wet tumbling with Dawn and LemiShine. I don't use SS media either and my brass comes out clean, including the primer pockets, even though no real need to scrub primer pockets.

I chose to switch to minimize lead contamination. I like the shine as well, but that was not my goal.

For folks thinking on getting into wet tumbling, or buying new SS media, check out "Southern Shine Media".

They only use Facebook/PayPal/ email. No phone.

Their pins are little egg shaped guys, clean well & pretty difficult to get stuck somewhere.

Pricing is very good as well, cheaper if you buy a bunch. So can go in with some friends, or be set for, well...ever.

Looks like currently: 5lbs ~ $27 shipped in 5lb increments up to 60lbs for ~$213 shipped.

IIRC, Sportsmans/Midway/Cabellas et al wanted $40+ for 5lbs of pins (the ones like tiny logs/bars).

It's a shame they only use FB. I got away from FB years ago, since I can't stand most of the social media platforms. Can't find a web site to review, either. :-(

It's a shame they only use FB. I got away from FB years ago, since I can't stand most of the social media platforms. Can't find a web site to review, either. :-(

Yah, not a fan of FB (or hardly any social media FWIW).

Looks like there email is: [email protected]

...and you needn't be "on" face book to see there Facebook page. I'm not ATM, and just got the info above. Did have to play the "I'm not a robot" game though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top