JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Argh! Admin, please change the title, my hand slipped when I was writing, and posted before I finished.
The title should be, [Westview HS article about "Sex on school campus."]

<broken link removed>

A more detailed video report on CNN.com's homepage.

Not sure what the issue here is.

Kids did a report on on-campus sex. Why not? It's close to their lives.

Adrian and I had sex in high school, although never on campus.

..Not seeing what the issue is, to be honest. The article isn't giving detailed descriptions of Katy Monroe giving Justin Goodrick a blowjob. So who cares?

I am not afraid to say that children having sex with other children is not OK. I believe that allowing children to publish articles about children having sex with children is bad. The school administration needs to stop worrying about who they might offend if they say this is inappropriate.
Do not get me wrong. I do not believe that journalists should be censored, but we are not talking about journalists. We are talking about CHILDREN!!!

I wasn't saying that is was a good thing. I was just stating that it happens ALOT on campus. Alot more than parents and school staff know about. So I dont think that an article bringing this problem to the attention of such people is a bad thing. It could possibly help lesson the matter and give schools more reason to keep better security in these popular sex spots on campus. I would like to see that article and read how it is worded. Is it just an article of students bragging? or an article that states what happens? Either way it brings the problem to attention, so how is it such a bad thing?

I see your point. Having graduated 4 years ago I know that the everyone is doing it mentality is already in almost everyones mind and is a normal thing just years ago. By now I'm sure the issue is even worse and even more common with HS kids. Preventative education is slim to none in schools these days. About all they do is teach you how to be safe when you start having sex at 15. Its rediculous.

I wasn't saying that is was a good thing. I was just stating that it happens ALOT on campus. Alot more than parents and school staff know about. So I dont think that an article bringing this problem to the attention of such people is a bad thing. It could possibly help lesson the matter and give schools more reason to keep better security in these popular sex spots on campus. I would like to see that article and read how it is worded. Is it just an article of students bragging? or an article that states what happens? Either way it brings the problem to attention, so how is it such a bad thing?

Yes, free speech is completely adhered to here, but that doesn't make it tasteful. It was specifically noted by everyone including myself that the article's interviews comes across as students bragging, encouraging the behavior. The problem could have been made visible in other ways. Read the article, you will understand what I'm speaking of.

This is where it is wrong.

My fear is that an article like this does nothing but normalize this kind of behavior and reenforce the "everyone is doing it" mentality.

Agreed.

I see your point. Having graduated 4 years ago I know that the everyone is doing it mentality is already in almost everyones mind and is a normal thing just years ago. By now I'm sure the issue is even worse and even more common with HS kids. Preventative education is slim to none in schools these days. About all they do is teach you how to be safe when you start having sex at 15. Its rediculous.

It's sickening, the behavior that is being encouraged by peers, and uncontested by the staff. I graduated in '05 as well, and I noticed that drug use and sex got really bad in '06, with the most pregnancies and drug-related deaths and incidents in a single year at my old school, which is a collection of kids from predominantly high-end areas! Yet, it became slightly less prevalent in later years. This behavior seems to be about the same since I graduated, at this point.

I am not afraid to say that children having sex with other children is not OK. I believe that allowing children to publish articles about children having sex with children is bad. The school administration needs to stop worrying about who they might offend if they say this is inappropriate.
Do not get me wrong. I do not believe that journalists should be censored, but we are not talking about journalists. We are talking about CHILDREN!!!

Exactly. I'm not going to say I didn't do that when I was in HS, but I know that I was much more irresponsible when I was younger and a frosh/soph, and I'm willing to bet that the majority of these students having sex ON CAMPUS are younger freshmen and sophomores.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top