JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My experience with security at the front gate. Three private security guards after the ticket booth but before the turnstile. Two Ada County Deputy Sheriffs just past the turnstile.

Sec guards checking purses, hand bags etc. I don't have any such bags. Am open carrying my Colt 1911 Gov't Model at 4 oclock in my Black Hawk Serpa.

Sec Guard #1 turns from the person whose bag he has just cleared of having any weapons hidden. Looks at me and then to my 1911. Looks up and says "Handgun in holster, ok have a nice day!"

Security guards #'s 2 and 3: Keep talking to each other.
Ada County Deputies: Glance down at my hip and continue their conversation.

Encounters with 4 more Ada Deputies and numerous Security Guards throughout the evening with the same results.

No screaming children or panic stricken victims except the ones robbed by the $4 sodas and Ice Cream Cones!

Great times were had by all!

In rural areas and/or places culturally cognizant enough to recognize guns for what they are, I've yet to see or hear of open carrying causing any fuss at all. I wonder how that would change in the middle of a large urban area like a Portland or Seattle...

At the gunshows in Arizona, every weapon gets a plastic tie through it's workings, to prevent a bullet from being placed into the chamber. The promotor of the gun shows seems to think the plastic tie will prevent stupid people from firing off a weapon during the show. I have seen/heard several guns going off at gunshows over the years, which apparently proves that this system will not work. I like the OP's safety measure better, it allows folks to use a little common sense.

I also have had an experience with a firearm going off in a show. The gentleman holding the pistol pointed it up at the ceiling without checking the chamber. Needless to say everyone there heard it. I just happened to be standing next to him. I now have permanent ringing in my left ear. He also just happened to be one of the top dogs in the local reserves. I believe he was a major. Not Fun

In rural areas and/or places culturally cognizant enough to recognize guns for what they are, I've yet to see or hear of open carrying causing any fuss at all. I wonder how that would change in the middle of a large urban area like a Portland or Seattle...

( waits for goo goo guy to tell us how he open caries at the pride parade,downtown seattle)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top