JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the article:

According to (Pasco County Sheriff) Nocco, the homeowner and the suspects had some type of connection and the home invasion was a targeted, isolated incident.

Things that make you say, "Hmmmmm..." :s0153:
My understanding is that a connection of some sort is more common than not. Somebody knows what you have in your house, or knows somebody who knows, that sort of thing.

An acquaintance of mine once told me something disturbing. He grew up near the inner city, and hung with a different crowd. He said that among people he knew when he was younger, if Gramma had something of value, they would tell their buddies who would rob Gramma, and then give them a cut. They wouldn't rob Gramma them-self because that would be too obvious.

Typically for someone to take the risk of robbing your house, they'd want to know beforehand that it's worth it, so more often than not it's someone who's been in the house before, or close to someone who has. Often it's the daughter's dirtbag boyfriend, or the grandson's buddies, something like that.

My understanding is that a connection of some sort is more common than not. Somebody knows what you have in your house, or knows somebody who knows, that sort of thing.

An acquaintance of mine once told me something disturbing. He grew up near the inner city, and hung with a different crowd. He said that among people he knew when he was younger, if Gramma had something of value, they would tell their buddies who would rob Gramma, and then give them a cut. They wouldn't rob Gramma them-self because that would be too obvious.

Typically for someone to take the risk of robbing your house, they'd want to know beforehand that it's worth it, so more often than not it's someone who's been in the house before, or close to someone who has. Often it's the daughter's dirtbag boyfriend, or the grandson's buddies, something like that.
It seems that the creeps that were killed and the wounded, creep survivor, discovered that he owned a lot of guns that he displayed on a particular website and the police believe that robbery of said firearms was their intent! You have to wonder about how low functioning these thugs were when you consider that they knew that he had a house full of guns. Did they not think that he would know how to shoot them and be ready and willing to do so? The good news is that the thug ranks have been thinned a bit, but the downside is that there are more of them that become emboldened every day!

It seems that the creeps that were killed and the wounded, creep survivor, discovered that he owned a lot of guns that he displayed on a particular website and the police believe that robbery of said firearms was their intent! You have to wonder about how low functioning these thugs were when you consider that they knew that he had a house full of guns. Did they not think that he would know how to shoot them and be ready and willing to do so? The good news is that the thug ranks have been thinned a bit, but the downside is that there are more of them that become emboldened every day!
Probably thought he wasn't home. Keep in mind what would have happened had they planned better.

Probably thought he wasn't home. Keep in mind what would have happened had they planned better.
Who knows what they were thinking and yes, we can all be grateful that they didn't plan better. Although I can say with some authority that burglars, robbers and thugs in general are as a group, not very smart.

I thought it was pretty considerate of the robbers to line themselves up one behind the other the way they did.
This allowed the homeowner to keep dumping rounds down the hallway as each intruder dropped and exposed the next one behind him.
We get that set-up with the steel poppers at my range's competitions lotsa times. Now I can see how useful those blind targets can be... :D

Last Edited:
3 shots, 2 dead, 1 injured. Then his gun jammed. Wonder what type of gun he used?

Another forum I follow mentioned that it was a Glock 19.

No idea what the cause was......limp-wristing, aftermarket parts, aftermarket magazines, sub-par ammunition...who knows?

I have tried KCI and ETS magazines. All of them were not worth the polymer they were made out of. The one time I tried a Lone Wolf barrel it required hand cycling the slide for just about every shot with 124gr Gold Dot HP ammo.

Zero issues with factory magazines and barrels....but maybe that's just my "luck."

Good shoot, hope the home owner is exonerated. Kudos to the Sheriff For saying people
Have the right to defend themselves...

Yup! The only issue I had was that the reporter quoted him as saying it was the homeowners 2A right of self defense.... Uh, excuse me Sheriff but the right of self defense is a God-given right or a natural right, take your pick. AFAIK some court interpretations of 2A include self defense, but IMO those interpretations open the door to an inaccurate understanding of "to keep and bear arms" that can favor the arguments of the antis just as much as saying it guarantees the right to hunt.

BTW, my fav Florida Sheriff says to "leave people alone" cuz you never know who might have a gun!! :D

3 shots, 2 dead, 1 injured. Then his gun jammed. Wonder what type of gun he used?

More likely it was gun handling.... a lot of things can happen. Ie, getting your support hand thumb behind the slide from rushing your grip, support hand coming off the grip, etc. Getting the pistol up against something that inhibits the slide cycling... for instance, a wall, the shooter's own body, another's body, etc. Shoot action pistol enough and you see it all. Once I was simulating shooting while on my back in a sleeping bag, the muzzle flip made the slide bounce off the dirt, jamming the action.

Or maybe he just hadn't cleaned it for 10,000 rds. ;):D

Or maybe he just hadn't cleaned it for 10,000 rds. ;):D
You mean I'm s'posed to clean the darn thing after 10,000 rounds? I guess I'm about 2,000 rounds overdue, then... :oops:

Noperz, SIG P320. I figure she's good for another 20,000 rounds before she's due for another bath... :p

I clean them before every competition, just to make sure they're running good so I don't embarrass myself too badly out there.

Don't worry about them much in between, just spray a little lube in the gears now n' then. I guess I go about 600-800 rounds between cleanings, maybe...??? o_O

Last Edited:
And the endless Glock vs. Whatever Else Is Out There cagematch begins in 3... 2... 1...

FIGHT!

:s0140::s0140::s0140:

This sadly happens a lot. While back here some poor slob shot and killed his girlfriends kid this way. Her older teen son new the guy drove for the city. So he goes to the house when the guy was supposed to be at work. Sadly he was home sick. He hears scum, grabs shotgun. As they are trying to dive back out a window he caught the one in the butt and kid died. I was kind of surprised they did not try to charge him since the scum were trying to run but, last I remember they did not try to charge the home owner. He of course had no idea who it was he shot until it was over.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews