JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I offered them up for trade and sale , no good options, dont want bags of 45/9mm brass taking up space

What am I missing? What kind of money do/did you want for the brass? Taking perfectly good brass to a scrapper won't get you the $$ you could sell it for, and is a waste of a resource, IMO of course. Hell, I'll come get it from you if the price is reasonable. Hmm, I'm in NE PDX pretty darn close to Metro Metals to boot.

Mike

I scrap them. If I can't use them or a friend/family I know can't, then I scrap them. The $5 more I may get isn't worth sorting, cleaning, making a post, meeting someone that will most likely flake, traveling blah blah blah. Scrap yard is on my timeline and I get fair value.

I don't understand this at all.
How hard would it be to post an ad offering it up to someone that needs it? Especially in this market?

What happened to pay-it-forward?

I scrap them. If I can't use them or a friend/family I know can't, then I scrap them. The $5 more I may get isn't worth sorting, cleaning, making a post, meeting someone that will most likely flake, traveling blah blah blah. Scrap yard is on my timeline and I get fair value.

Well, how 'bout this....Next time you get, say, 10#s of straight brass, I'll come get it and pay you $3.00/lb? That's right close to double what they're paying for scrap. Then I'll be forced to do the tedious work. I'll then offer the brass I won't use up to the members of NWFA for the going rate.

What am I missing? What kind of money do/did you want for the brass? Taking perfectly good brass to a scrapper won't get you the $$ you could sell it for, and is a waste of a resource, IMO of course. Hell, I'll come get it from you if the price is reasonable. Hmm, I'm in NE PDX pretty darn close to Metro Metals to boot.

Mike

Mike
really didnt care about the money, i was looking to trade for things i could use ,had one offer for cash but buyer backed out. i figured 40/50 bucks in trade value.
here was my ad
I got a batch of mixed brass from LE range , I sorted out 556 and 40 leaving me with 675+ of 45 auto and 600+ 9mm mostly federal plus a couple hundred 9mm nickel plated speer. not process ,looking to trade for things I can use
Trades
lee carbide 4 die set in 40
rifle powders Varget,BL-C2,IMR 3031
556 brass, bullets
22lr bricks

I looked at your ad last night and didn't think I saw a price. I could well be mistaken. It was to sell or trade. If you're selling something, perhaps state the price.. perhaps even in the title so no click/"hovering" involved.
Make things easy/simple.

really didnt care about the money, i was looking to trade for things i could use ,had one offer for cash but buyer backed out. i figured 40/50 bucks in trade value.
here was my ad
I got a batch of mixed brass from LE range , I sorted out 556 and 40 leaving me with 675+ of 45 auto and 600+ 9mm mostly federal plus a couple hundred 9mm nickel plated speer. not process ,looking to trade for things I can use
Trades
lee carbide 4 die set in 40
rifle powders Varget,BL-C2,IMR 3031
556 brass, bullets
22lr bricks

The 45 ACP and 9mm brass add up to about 15 1/2 pounds of brass. Best price I found advertised for salvage buying of brass was $2.40/pound but you'd need to deliver it to New York. Around here, the best price I could find was $1.00/pound for brass cases if they'll take them at all. Most scrap yards won't take them due to the occasional loaded one and the liability if it explodes when they are trying to melt it down.

If you can find a scrap yard willing to take them, you'll probably get close to $15.50 or a bit less.

tb

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads