JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm but I'd say he will be one of the few complaining down the road...
I hope you weren't thinking I was joking about the friend with 30k rounds
That was dead serious.
In 2013 bricks sold for 100 dollars plus on GB. A friend actually was paying 60 for some before I heard about it a gave him some. He later bought a pizza place so it all worked out. ..
I told this before but I had some nice knives at a gun show in Sequim. i had a buck knife a guy gave me then thought better of selling it.
So this guy comes by, that I have seen at gun shows before,and wanted the Buck knife .I told him I thought I should keep the knife. He asked about trading for the K bars I had for 22 ammo.
I said sure,$60 for the knives so 3 bricks for each.
HOLLY COW. "well I'm getting 50 bucks for a brick. I was out bid for some on gun broker and I know buy the time he added shipping he paid $100 for the brick"
Yeah keep walkin' I ain't paying that much
The guy was offended by my offer
Traded the knives for a bubblegum ton of magazines

I hope you weren't thinking I was joking about the friend with 30k rounds
That was dead serious.

There was a time I would have doubted this myself, untill I watched my father in law do the same thing with various rounds. The first time I'd seen that much ammo in one place since the service.

As far as 22 goes, I never thought I'd have that much either, untill I hit the half way mark and that became an achievable goal. One box here, one box there and it starts to add up. It's near impossible to maintain it with how we shoot but I can see how it's possible and not that out of this world.

This weekend our Biamart had ammo, I say that as being very cool as normally the ammo is gone well before the weekend. They had a pile of CCI stingers and some boxes of 325 and 500 I didnt buy any cause I have enough but was great seeing the eyes wide open of customers that looked like they had the " finally " look on their faces. I was looking at some other stuff in the firearms section was really cool to see that .

This weekend our Biamart had ammo, I say that as being very cool as normally the ammo is gone well before the weekend. They had a pile of CCI stingers and some boxes of 325 and 500 I didnt buy any cause I have enough but was great seeing the eyes wide open of customers that looked like they had the " finally " look on their faces. I was looking at some other stuff in the firearms section was really cool to see that .

I picked up a box of those Stingers yesterday DuneHopper, because I have never used them. When I got home I did some reading on them. The guy said they were regular 22LR which I didn't think was completely accurate.

Any way, after reading up, it seems it will only work in certain 10/22 and a select few semi auto handgun. Do you have any experience with them?

I picked up a box of those Stingers yesterday DuneHopper, because I have never used them. When I got home I did some reading on them. The guy said they were regular 22LR which I didn't think was completely accurate.

Any way, after reading up, it seems it will only work in certain 10/22 and a select few semi auto handgun. Do you have any experience with them?

Hi there, generally stingers are hollow points, but I have shot these in my 10/22, Marlin 60 and a Savage bolt action all with no issues. Funny you mention that because my son has a Sig 22 semi-auto handgun that is very picky on the ammo and did not like the CCI stingers or Minimags. If its a 22LR and not a 22Mag or shorty should be no issue. I know some firearms act particular example the SKS all of mine are picky about using soft or hollow point, yet do fine with FMJ. And then the Ak's have no issue with any type.
But I have not heard of any real issue. By the way on his Sig seems the ammo shoots fine but seem in discharging the case it can jam maybe every 1 in 50 so he doesn't use them. But it might also be picky because I think he still has less then 500 thru it.

Hi there, generally stingers are hollow points, but I have shot these in my 10/22, Marlin 60 and a Savage bolt action all with no issues. Funny you mention that because my son has a Sig 22 semi-auto handgun that is very picky on the ammo and did not like the CCI stingers or Minimags. If its a 22LR and not a 22Mag or shorty should be no issue. I know some firearms act particular example the SKS all of mine are picky about using soft or hollow point, yet do fine with FMJ. And then the Ak's have no issue with any type.
But I have no heard of any real issue. By the way on his Sig seems the ammo shoots fine but seem in discharging the case it can jam maybe every 1 in 50 so he doesn't use them. But it might also be picky because I think he still has less then 500 thru it.
Thanks for the info! I have had 3 Sig mosquitoes, I've gotten rid of two. The most recent one I polished the feed ramp and ran it hard to break it in. It shoots everything now, well, as good as any magazine fed 22. The other two refused to feed / eject etc even with the ramp work. I gave up on them. If I didn't fan boy Sig so much I would have given up on the mosquito all together and stuck with my Ruger.

Thanks for the info! I have had 3 Sig mosquitoes, I've gotten rid of two. The most recent one I polished the feed ramp and ran it hard to break it in. It shoots everything now, well, as good as any magazine fed 22. The other two refused to feed / eject etc even with the ramp work. I gave up on them. If I didn't fan boy Sig so much I would have given up on the mosquito all together and stuck with my Ruger.

I think he also has the Moquitos, nice little hand gun he just uses it to plink with.
Maybe I will do that to his 22LR I will ask him about it. Thanks as well.

I've had a few FTE's with CCI stingers with my 10/22 which is normally not picky with ammo. For instance, I have no issues with Subsonic which I've been told on several occasions is not recommended for semi-autos.

I just got back from Diamondback Shooting Range and they have lots of 22lr on sale.

one example:
CCI mini mag 500 round sleeves (5 x 100rd box) for $ 39.95
(that's 8 cents per rd).... NO LIMIT, some varieties available by the case.

Many other varieties of 22lr as well, so If you or a friend will be in Lewiston give them a call...

Diamondback Shooting
1447 Main Street
Lewiston, Idaho 83501
(208) 798-7468

I just got back from Diamondback Shooting Range and they have lots of 22lr on sale.

one example:
CCI mini mag 500 round sleeves (5 x 100rd box) for $ 39.95
(that's 8 cents per rd).... NO LIMIT, some varieties available by the case.

Many other varieties of 22lr as well, so If you or a friend will be in Lewiston give them a call...

Diamondback Shooting
1447 Main Street
Lewiston, Idaho 83501
(208) 798-7468

In that case, it would be worth getting a group buy going and drive out to ID for that price...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top