JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up 1000 rounds at Fisherman's last week. Combination of mini mags, thunderbolts and american eagle.
Don't remember the price but it must have been okay or I would not have bought it.

I recently tested Remington Golden Bullet (Improved), American Eagle, Winchester, and Armscor against each other in Ruger SR22 and Browning BL-22 platforms. All lines were rated at 36gr CPHP HV. All were generally equivalent to each other (which surprised me) and functioned well except for the Winchester which was so anemic and underpowered that it failed to cycle reliably in the SR22, perceived recoil was not there and the sound was much quieter. The Winchester line is clearly not even close to HV, and is clearly not acceptable. But the rest are are fine although CCI Mini-Mag is clearly the leader. If you can find it. So I then went to SurplusAmmo out of Tacoma and bought a bunch of Armscor which was on sale and available. Problem solved.

Mini-Mags seem to just beat the pants off of anything else out there (under 15 cents a round) in every gun that I try them in.

I still have quite a bit from collecting and trading.My buddy back home can't help but buy more and he's got double what I have.His little addiction I guess.But I just can't bring myself to buy a brick for much over $20
I figure I'll buy centerfire first and pick up 22 when I happen by some cheap stuff

I got a box of 5,000 Thunderbolts from an acquaintance for $250. I thought that was a fair deal.

Though. I haven't opened it yet - might be rocks in there for all I know :p

Like BlackCobra said, I grab mine from my ammo locker as well. I've been an ammo hoarder, or collector from way back. If it was on sale, or saw some at a garage sale, I would buy as much as I could even if I didn't shoot that caliber. Those days are long gone, still shooting 5.56 that I paid under .20 a round for. What bothers me about all this is that this has been going on for well over 2 years now, and .22 is just starting to trickle in, and never stays in stock. I am a firm believer in the fact that we are all still so concerned as to when or if we will ever see it on the shelve again that we buy as much as we can, because of the price point, whether we need it or not. I know if I stumble across any, I will buy it. People will just have to get to a point where they have so much they will stop buying up as much as they can when it comes around, then hopefully the supply will catch up to the demand. Just my 2 cents

Like BlackCobra said, I grab mine from my ammo locker as well. I've been an ammo hoarder, or collector from way back. If it was on sale, or saw some at a garage sale, I would buy as much as I could even if I didn't shoot that caliber. Those days are long gone, still shooting 5.56 that I paid under .20 a round for. What bothers me about all this is that this has been going on for well over 2 years now, and .22 is just starting to trickle in, and never stays in stock. I am a firm believer in the fact that we are all still so concerned as to when or if we will ever see it on the shelve again that we buy as much as we can, because of the price point, whether we need it or not. I know if I stumble across any, I will buy it. People will just have to get to a point where they have so much they will stop buying up as much as they can when it comes around, then hopefully the supply will catch up to the demand. Just my 2 cents

Two cents? I'll take 5 cases!!! ;)

The last day Montgomery Wards stopped selling ammo, they had a sale and my buddy and I just happened to find out.. we brought a dolly and a pickup to our local mall store and bought all of their old Federal Lightning .22.. .47/50. I still shoot out of that stash though I've never really shot .22 that much, all told.

I don't actually buy them a lot. I keep a few boxes around for when I have guest shooters, but I'm too cheap to shoot them all the time. They sure run great though. Got some of the fancy Eley target rounds for my CZ, but other than that I go with pretty pedestrian stuff.
I save them to use at the .22 steel matches at Douglas Ridge. They never cause any problems.
Otherwise I just go with the pedestrian stuff too.

Wihaw! A lady friend gifted me a 100 ct box of CCI MiniMag solids at the range today. :D

They are under $7 at Bi-Mart with a one box limit. She'd accumulated 3 boxes and gave me one as a thank you for the range trip and use of my Ruger MkIII 22/45.

From what my friend says it sounds like Bi-Mart is getting a steady supply, but limiting sales to prevent hoarding and scalping.

A shop just around the corner has a pile of CCI MiniMag, but they are charging nearly $14/100 and I'm not buying at that price.

I frequent the bimarts and know the sporting goods managers by name.
They will get a shipment in but it rarely lasts more then a week and they dont see anymore for weeks and weeks (i assume bimartcorporate rotates which store get what and when).

And with prices on bulk .22lr creeping to the 10¢ mark, 14¢ for mini-mags isn't a big step.

Call me a doom sayer, but ya'll will be unhappy in a couple years when bulk hits 15-20¢. Even if its just for a year or two after the elections

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top