JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a perfect world maybe so. But in Oregon the left clearly controls the state. They hold Multomah, Lane and Benton Counties, with a fair hold in Washington County. 4 counties can determine the way the state goes, the other 32 counties don't really matter. You go to Eastern and Central Oregon and the conservative views are a breath of fresh air.

Public employee unions, the OEA, and their retirees, active members and their families can easily sway any election in Oregon to the left. You add the uneducated filthy hipsters in Portland and no way will this state every go conservative.

As a new gun owner, you need to have some level of voice, albeit somewhat useless in my opinion. Educate yourself, get to know your elected state officials, even if they are liberal or Democrats. Let them know how you feel, even if they pay you no heed.

I am conservative in my views, I wish there as a Constitution Party to take this country back.

Merkley is a Federal Senator. It's a waste of time to write to him concerning Oregon gun laws that will be passed by the state legislature. It's also a waste of time to write to any anti gun Democrat State legislator. We do need to write or call our conservative State and local representatives so that they do not have a defeatist attitude and turn whimpy. What we really need is the new State of Jefferson with the boundary drawn east to west below Eugene or better yet north to south east of the Cascades and east and west below Eugene. That's a fantasy too. My question is, is there anything that conservative counties can do to defeat anti gun legislation that is passed? Also, can pro gun legislators filibuster proposed radical gun legislation in order to weaken the proposals? This is off topic but are you aware that a bill has already been passed to change the Oregon gas tax to a per mile driven tax. The mileage is to be computed by a GPS that we will have to lease from the private corporation that collects the tax and sends you a monthly tax bill. Then if you can't pay it I suppose they will jerk your drivers license. It's almost a done deal. We could be looking at $7 a gal. gas while the enviro freaks in Portland ride to work on bicycles. Oregon already has the second highest gas tax in the nation. Meanwhile, OR7 and his pack of wolves are running around the cattle ranches of Fort Klamath which has no elk population and is 25 miles from the city of Klamath Falls.

I strongly disagree that it's a waste of time to talk to legislators in the democratic party. Last year, we heard it over and over again that there were absolutely no calls or letters to those people objecting to their bills. The reasoning that they then presented to committee, was that the people were absolutely in favor of the new control bills. If you don't let them know that the majority of responsible citizens disagree with their ridiculous laws, you're simply adding to their message. Keep in mind that we were referred to as "gun extremists" over and over again to the press and in committee. Part of the reason is that people like Kotek, Burdick, and Dingfelder didn't hear anything but praise from their minions. I would have added Prozanski to that mix but I know that he got an earful from more than a few people.

It's imperative that you voice your displeasure to ALL elected representatives. If you don't know how to add multiple recipients to an email, then use google to find out.

I strongly disagree that it's a waste of time to talk to legislators in the democratic party.

Think of it this way: just like in "It's a Wonderful Life", and every time you hear a bell, and angle gets its wings....

Every time you hear someone say "contacting your legislator is a waste of time', a politician with an opposing view smiles behind closed doors.

So write/call/email and make your 'favorite' politician nervous ;)

And encourage others around you (show them how east it is if necessary) to do the same.

Plus on another note, ODOT is still experimenting with the GPS thing and about to ask for volunteers to see how it works. There hasn't been any legislation passed (yet) and there's soooo many loopholes and other factors like; out of state drivers; you drivng out of state; invasion of privacy, etc. o_O

Plus on another note, ODOT is still experimenting with the GPS thing and about to ask for volunteers to see how it works. There hasn't been any legislation passed (yet) and there's soooo many loopholes and other factors like; out of state drivers; you drivng out of state; invasion of privacy, etc. o_O

Just another leftist Tax scheme and mostly a "1984" and "mark of the beast" move. The left just can't sleep unless it is controlling your every move and sucking every dime you have into their own pockets.

Here is what Oregon Senator Doug Whitsette wrote about the Miles driven gas tax. "Readers should make no mistake. ODOT and many political leaders foresee Oregon as being the first state to initiate and implement a vehicle mileage tax. They envision the voluntary Road Usage Charge Program as the last necessary step toward achieving that goal." If you have a need to induce vomit you should read the entire article. http://oregoncatalyst.com/28858-odot-tax-mile.html. I will have to call and ask what his views are about gun control.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top