JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off, welcome to the forum.

The two voter initiatives that passed were the legalization of marijuana and one that allows judges to earn additional revenue. One of the more significant issues that was defeated was the initiative to allow the state to borrow money to give it away for higher education.

But for the second amendment, the most significant loss was that the democrats now have a super majority in the senate.

That was the cover of the cliff notes booklet version.

There is a lot of information here, but you'll need to get into the stickies at the top of this sub forum. You can find quite a bit of information on what happened last year and tactics tried by the anti second amendment politicians. Do some research into the Oregon Firearms Federation and you'll find even more information on what we went through last year. We're looking at the strong possibility of extreme legislation in Oregon this year. i hope that you'll get involved and join us in the fight.

In case you weren't paying attention we, (pro gun rights citizens) were out voted this Election. The proven ANTI-GUN rights Legislators have actually increased and there is little we can do to stop them from passing just about any restriction they want.

Currently they are talking about a transfer/Background law like Washington. Also further CC restrictions including live fire tests lead ammo bans etc. Many are speculating some form of semi- auto AW ban or a mag cap ban.

Who is your Representative? Do you plan on writing them?

Last Edited:
This is old but at 5:10Ginny Burdick lists off some of her hopes in gun legislation. Now with the Democratic Super Majority, if written in a Bill, her Ideas will probably get passed. All we can do at this point is Protest. If enough of us do it might lessen the blow.

Republicans are indeed in control Nationally now! A few Rinos too many for my taste but an improvement all the same.
Nationally on gun rights we may be safe for a while.:oops:

At least there will be a place to escape to when the edges of the Country finally go totally progressive with their gun as well as other policies.

Unfortunately though the anti-gun cancer has "progressed" to some of the big cities located in otherwise gun friendly Conservative leaning States.:eek:
If these malignant tumors are left untreated, freedom loving, 2nd Amendment gun owners options will be very limited in the near future.

Again I ask:

Who is your Representative? Do you plan on writing them?o_O

I will have to find out who my representative is. I'm not too involved in politics. I'm a new first time gun owner but it has really got me thinking.

It's hard because I don't want to vote republican or democrat. I don't like either party entirely. I'm more in the middle. I was more a Ron Paul voter. I don't want to be a one issue voter and vote for guns regardless.

I will have to find out who my representative is. I'm not too involved in politics. I'm a new first time gun owner but it has really got me thinking.

It's hard because I don't want to vote republican or democrat. I don't like either party entirely. I'm more in the middle. I was more a Ron Paul voter. I don't want to be a one issue voter and vote for guns regardless.

You have to figure out what your priorities are I guess.

I get worried when one party has an absolute monopoly on a State. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" and a few other sayings come to mind when we have a 4th term Governor with Ethics violations and financial fiascos that have lost a lot of taxpayer money. How he got elected again is shocking. Add to that the Dems (in this State) overt anti-gun platform and the choice is clear to me.
And I'm no Republican, but I know more Republicans would bring a "middle" ground balanced Government that is sorely needed here in Oregon.

Good luck on your quest for a Party you entirely agree on.

I think the last post is a very good way to look at the situation. I agree that the system works best when each party balances each other out. At least on the statewide level. Maybe in a small to mid sized town it would work to have it being entirely liberal or conservative dominated and let them create the type of utopia they want and see how that works. But in a state like Oregon, there are people from the left to the center to the far right and all should be represented.

Here is Dr Taxhabers position on gun control.

<broken link removed>

He is going to make sure these back ground checks are expanded to prevent these school shootings, and keep the wrong people from getting guns.

3:55 is where he starts on gun control, save yourself the pain of listening to his crap anymore that you have to.

But for the second amendment, the most significant loss was that the democrats now have a super majority in the senate.

Maybe locally but not nationally, I believe the Republicans control both the house and the senate nationally.

They are one vote short of a super majority in the Oregon Senate. Mid term elections will be key. Nationally they control both houses.

My district voted Merkley to a 2nd term
The state voted Kitzhaber. Obamacare rollout, etc,
The Duke speaks to all Oregonians:
upload_2014-11-17_19-54-25.png
Think times have been tough?

I think the last post is a very good way to look at the situation. I agree that the system works best when each party balances each other out. At least on the statewide level. Maybe in a small to mid sized town it would work to have it being entirely liberal or conservative dominated and let them create the type of utopia they want and see how that works. But in a state like Oregon, there are people from the left to the center to the far right and all should be represented.

In a perfect world maybe so. But in Oregon the left clearly controls the state. They hold Multomah, Lane and Benton Counties, with a fair hold in Washington County. 4 counties can determine the way the state goes, the other 32 counties don't really matter. You go to Eastern and Central Oregon and the conservative views are a breath of fresh air.

Public employee unions, the OEA, and their retirees, active members and their families can easily sway any election in Oregon to the left. You add the uneducated filthy hipsters in Portland and no way will this state every go conservative.

As a new gun owner, you need to have some level of voice, albeit somewhat useless in my opinion. Educate yourself, get to know your elected state officials, even if they are liberal or Democrats. Let them know how you feel, even if they pay you no heed.

I am conservative in my views, I wish there as a Constitution Party to take this country back.

Here's my opinion on the one issue voter topic... A person can vote for a pro gun candidate but doesnt have to vote for any measures they dont agree with. There is enough balance of views in Oregon to vote out any far right measures, but there isnt enough views to vote out more gun control measures. Voting for all pro gun candidates doesnt mean anyone is a single topic voter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top