JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
picked up some 9mm 115gr xtremes. i had no idea they carried them. it was a couple bucks higher than xtremes website but thats to be expected from a retailer. anyway, after being excited about that i found some S&B small rifle primers for 19.99 a brick. i did not know they made primers. never had a problem with their ammo and so i figured, hey! why not? im normally a winchester &cci guy for primers and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these? is the price too good to be true? did i just waste $20?

i bought some tulammo ones in the past despite poor reviews and out of 4000 ive not had one misfire. i hope i have the same experience.

I've been using S&B LR & SP for the past year - nary a problem!

I've read, just recently, that some folks have experienced a lot of problems with the S&B primers in two areas: the fit into the case (very tight in some instances) and their inconsistent feed in a primer feeder. They say the primers themselves work just fine once you get them seated.

Have you had either of those issues?

Go for them and see if you like them. The price was right. I have shot a lot of S and B ammo without problems, but I haven't tried their primers. But I do prefer federal primers, even though I also have used a lot of winchesters as well.

awesome, it probably will be a bit before i put'm to use but i will report back once i do. thanks for the input. im hoping these SB primers arent BS primers!

I've read, just recently, that some folks have experienced a lot of problems with the S&B primers in two areas: the fit into the case (very tight in some instances) and their inconsistent feed in a primer feeder. They say the primers themselves work just fine once you get them seated.

Have you had either of those issues?

1: As my Pro 1000 press and I are just past that awkward first date stage, I've only tried CCI - so I can't comment on S&B in Lee's it-shakes-gravity-feed-should-work system.

2: S&B SP seem to require a bit more pressure to seat - this may be imagined, as I've read that they're 'just a little bit larger' so many times I probably believe it.

3: Zero issues using them with the primer feed system on the turrets or single stage.

I really think the issue is S&B brass - ALL primers are more difficult to seat, at least with 9mm.

1: As my Pro 1000 press and I are just past that awkward first date stage, I've only tried CCI - so I can't comment on S&B in Lee's it-shakes-gravity-feed-should-work system.

2: S&B SP seem to require a bit more pressure to seat - this may be imagined, as I've read that they're 'just a little bit larger' so many times I probably believe it.

3: Zero issues using them with the primer feed system on the turrets or single stage.

I really think the issue is S&B brass - ALL primers are more difficult to seat, at least with 9mm.

Good to know. I've heard about problems with S&B brass as well. I've got some mixed in the used 9mm brass I have on hand. I've only deprimed them so far, I haven't tried seating any new primers just yet. I guess I'll find out :)

Good to know. I've heard about problems with S&B brass as well. I've got some mixed in the used 9mm brass I have on hand. I've only deprimed them so far, I haven't tried seating any new primers just yet. I guess I'll find out :)

I don't sort out the S&B brass, just use to to the extra force necessary to seat.

Haven't had any issues!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top