Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Went to the range yesterday

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tactical SS, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

And here is my best grouping. I just want to become more consistent in my accuracy, and be able to repeat this result consistently. Guess I'll just have to go to the range more. :)

This was indoors, about 18-20ft with my USPc .45 using 9 rounds of 230gr FMJ.

target1.jpg

2. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

If that were an intruder or other type of bad guy, I would say that grouping is 'minute of bad guy', and he would not be getting up.

To get a hand sized group with a .45 is more than acceptable to do the job. Keep up the good work, and practice, practice, practice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
    INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
    PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
    THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
    PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

3. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

I need to make it a habit to go at least once a month and put some rounds down range. My other groupings weren't as tight, but did still meet the hand sized grouping criteria. I just need to get some trigger time to improve and become consistent. I also want to practice two or three round rapid shots and get those accurate.

I also experimented with some left hand shooting, that was interesting, but not as inaccurate as I thought it would be... good to know. Also it was my first time shooting since getting my Trijicon night sights put on.