JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Somehow picked up some ringworm, probably from one of the dirty kids.

Went to the doctor because the over the counter wasn't doing the job. Filling out a questionnaire because I have a new health plan through work and generally never go to the doctor anyway.

One of the first questions was: "are you transgender?"

I thought holy hell, this has become so rampant a doctor has to ask...

Further down the list it asked to know who all I lived with and their names,

Further down, if I wore a seatbelt when I drove,

Further down, if I owned guns and where they were in the house and how I stored them.

I looked at this three page questionnaire and these were some of questions on the first page and said to myself aloud, "well there no way in hell I'm wasting my time filling this out," and wrote a big "patient abstains from questionnaire at the top."

Doctor came in a short time later, we chatted it up, didn't even ask about the questionnaire and proceeded to get right to the point about the fungus issue.

Clearly the questionnaire must have made it pretty obvious I was only there for the specific reason I called about and nothing more. If someone told me all that info didn't somehow make it into list somewhere I'd laugh.

Last Edited:
We're required to ask that gender/sex/orientation question. I dont look at the forms either. A lot of the stuff we have to do now is mandated by medicare in order to continue to get paid.

But the gun question is not required. write something like "I keep the gun in a retracted low ready safety position in my house" and if they ask "WTF is that" then ask them why they are asking the question if they dont know what that means.

Dont bother with the form. Tell them it is against your gender to answer the form.

It is helpful just to speed the process to have all you medication names and dosages though.

We're required to ask that gender/sex/orientation question. I dont look at the forms either. A lot of the stuff we have to do now is mandated by medicare in order to continue to get paid.

But the gun question is not required. write something like "I keep the gun in a retracted low ready safety position in my house" and if they ask "WTF is that" then ask them why they are asking the question if they dont know what that means.

Dont bother with the form. Tell them it is against your gender to answer the form.

It is helpful just to speed the process to have all you medication names and dosages though.

Gotcha, thankfully I'm a low maintenance patient. Don't take anything, don't drink, smoke, drugs, etc. that would all be a waste of good gun and ammo money.

Are you Transgender?
There is nothing wrong with my Transmission, it is my toe that hurts.
Do you own any guns?
I did not shoot my toe, I kicked the bed frame.
Do you wear a seat belt?
My seat does not hurt, my toe does.
Are you depressed?
No, just constipated.

Are you Transgender?
There is nothing wrong with my Transmission, it is my toe that hurts.
Do you own any guns?
I did not shoot my toe, I kicked the bed frame.
Do you wear a seat belt?
My seat does not hurt, my toe does.
Are you depressed?
No, just constipated.
Brilliant! Constipation will make you depressed, though. :)

Somehow picked up some ringworm, probably from one of the dirty kids.

Went to the doctor because the over the counter wasn't doing the job. Filling out a questionnaire because I have a new health plan through work and generally never go to the doctor anyway.

One of the first questions was: "are you transgender?"

I thought holy hell, this has become so rampant a doctor has to ask...

Further down the list it asked to know who all I lived with and their names,

Further down, if I wore a seatbelt when I drove,

Further down, if I owned guns and where they were in the house and how I stored them.

I looked at this three page questionnaire and these were some of questions on the first page and said to myself aloud, "well there no way in hell I'm wasting my time filling this out," and wrote a big "patient abstains from questionnaire at the top."

Doctor came in a short time later, we chatted it up, didn't even ask about the questionnaire and proceeded to get right to the point about the fungus issue.

Clearly the questionnaire must have made it pretty obvious I was only there for the specific reason I called about and nothing more. If someone told me all that info didn't somehow make it into list somewhere I'd laugh.

I've thrown them in the garbage In front of everyone, They do that as apart of receiving federal funding. What's next ? A refusal of health care if we don't comply

Doctors office form. Used to be so simple.

90A278B6-5B19-4B47-895D-805048FCE329.jpeg

Trying to be more open-minded and less reactionary than I was in my (volatile) youth, I endeavor now to look at things from various angles and come to reasonable conclusions. For me, this boils down to weighing pros vs cons. Fast-forward to my two-word opinion at the bottom if you're not in a reading mood today.

So, if patients candidly answer every question I've seen on some forms (actual and in discussions with others), then might doctors potentially provide them with better treatment? The answer falls somewhere between Possibly and Probably.

Some questions I'm aware of pertain to decades of tobacco consumption, drunk driving, high-impact sports (like boxing), stress, insomnia, loud noise, domestic abuse - whatever. For example, booze patterns might help explain chronically elevated triglycerides leading to diabetes mellitus type 2, or a liver the size of a regulation football. Behavioral risk factors can point toward preventable tragedies that affect other people, not just the patient. Drug abuse (legal or illicit), suicidal/homicidal tendencies, Freddie Mercury proclivities, etc., etc.

This information, collected discretely and used by a conscientious doctor, and even fed into legitimately anonymous statistics might indeed provide the world with some meaningful anecdotal data by which we can make informed lifestyle decisions. Hardly likely when nothing is truly private.

So it's possible there could be physicians who value your privacy and use your info only to provide personalized care.
- But who are they?
- How would the patient ever really know?
- Do you ask the doctor?
- Would the answer be truthful?
- Most medical providers stick to a standardized format issued within their networks (Providence, Kaiser, et al)... and turn it back over to the organization.

Like Otter said in Animal House: "You f__ed up. You trusted us!" Ironically, his character went on to become a gynecologist in Beverly Hills.

Do I actually trust any individual, hospital or insurance company? Hell no.

Transgender, sure, my tranny keeps skipping gears between 8th and 9th and keeps leaking fluids!:eek:
I stopped filling these forms out long ago! Except for the feds!
Last summer i get a letter in the mail from the D.O.T. demanding I show up for a wizzquiz, and sure enough, they hand me a questionnaire to be filled out, and right there at the top it says its a felony to falsify answers! I hand it back to the dude and tell him im not answering his questionnaire, im only there for the wizzquiz!
He says i have to or they will not do the test!
So i answer all the questions as "No" or N/A and submit the form with the other paperwork I had to fill out!
Keep in mind, this fed required wizzquiz costs me at least $55 and a day of of my time, and they can call me in up to 3 times per year for this, And its REQUIRED! So i cannot say no, and what ever paper work the feds require, i have to fill out, but these questionnaires are a new requirement!:eek: unfortunatly, this has become a real problem, im required to answer questions about me that the gov. dosnt need to know! Wjats worse, since when did I become required to answer questions about me that are and should be private!:mad:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads