JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife said yes to the falling hazard... nothing further on their part. None of these questions really lead to any action. But I guess they could. I'll be careful!!

When you talk to your doc always keep in mind what you say will go into a searchable data base.

I was using the VA psychologist/family counselor, talking informally or so I thought. Later when I requested a full copy of all my medical records for a disability hearing, I was astonished to find detailed notes and evaluations... holy moly! I don't go anymore. If I do talk to anybody in the VA, I keep it very closed.

Are these intrusive, over the top questions asked on a state by state basis?

I've never filled out medical paperwork that asked such bogus questions.

If they start in I will just leave them blank.

My new podiatrist's office handed me an electronic tablet with an interactive set of forms... oh my goodness they wanted to know all kinds of intrusive stuff, 8pgs long... Hey, I'm just here to get this toenail fixed, that's all!!

whenever I have an appointment with my PCP I have to fill out a questionnaire. Questions like any changes in my general health since my last visit. Any prescriptions need renewing. Reason for Visit. Gender is already filled in as well as Marital Status Insurance info, next of kin, address, phone number, emergency contact. No questions about guns, Gender identity. A list of my current meds and dose is already on the questionnaire. It already has any ER Visits since my last Visit is listed. Only thing I have to fill in are changes since my last visit. There is no BS on it at all.

"Do you feel safe at home?"
"NO! I think my goldfish is planning to kill me in my sleep!" <twitching & scratching nervously>

Sometimes I wish my name was Bob. I'd give pharmacists/doctors/etc. crap for spelling it backward all the time.:D

ETA: If your name IS Bob and you're NOT doing this... Shame. Shame on you.:)

2A-Jay,

That's how my medical paperwork/questions are done too.

Medically to the point without being intrusive.

I keep reading how some of these intrusive questions other folks get are 'supposedly' Federally mandated.

I doubt it...

What I am sure of is these questions go above and beyond what any doctor or insurance entity or (fill in the blank) 'need to know'.- thus if ever requested with questions that go into my personal, not medical life with be met with zero answers.

Coincidentally, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

I was advised I'd have to fill out some 'new' paperwork as they're introducing a new computer system.

(Ah, ok, but I've been seeing this particular doc and clinic for the past 20 plus years.)

To do so, I'll be required to use the swipe method like performed on so-called smart phones.

I have zero experience with that method and no desire to learn it either...I loath everything about this type navigating...

However, I told the nice appointment lady, they'd have to do it for me when I get there or I'd be happy to cancel and go elsewhere.

She readily agreed they'll be happy to 'help me' do it.

If though, I find the questions intrusive and/or their 'help' inadequate, buh-bye...

Now, I'm gonna go outside and yell at some clouds, being the curmudgeon that I am...

Coincidentally, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

I was advised I'd have to fill out some 'new' paperwork as they're introducing a new computer system.

(Ah, ok, but I've been seeing this particular doc and clinic for the past 20 plus years.)

To do so, I'll be required to use the swipe method like performed on so-called smart phones.

I have zero experience with that method and no desire to learn it either...I loath everything about this type navigating...

However, I told the nice appointment lady, they'd have to do it for me when I get there or I'd be happy to cancel and go elsewhere.

She readily agreed they'll be happy to 'help me' do it.

If though, I find the questions intrusive and/or their 'help' inadequate, buh-bye...

Now, I'm gonna go outside and yell at some clouds, being the curmudgeon that I am...

Ok, now you got me worried... I'm picturing the women that went out and had the genitals yelling!:eek:

Soooo, forget the swipe method and use the "wipe" method, just remember that you are limited to one square only per wipe. ;)

After my last colonoscopy the doctor comes up and says I am in good shape for my age and condition. All except for all the WORMS!!! Yep! Traveling long ago, far away. Off shore. Yikes. He gave me some BIG pills! :) :)

Well. I didn't read all of this HOWEVER, I have had experience with the growing level of medical questionaires.
For the record. I selectively completed the forms a couple of times as my regular Dr office. I notices a couple of years ago that the receptionist reviewed my form and wrote "patient refused to cooperate".
When I asked about that, trying to stay calm, she said "Oh that's a standard comment for those refusing the medical screening information". She said I could take it up with the Dr. Been seeing him for years. He cringed when I brought it up. He went into his new restricted role dictated by Govt and Medicare. He has 26 minutes for an annual physical. No EKG. If you want one that is extra on you. My office visit alone was $296. Plus plus. He said they have to enter each questionaire into the computer. I asked about using tablets? He said it's not covered. He can bill the manhours but not the equipment.

When I went back out I asked for my folder. She refused to give it to me. I went behind the counter and picked it up and crossed the refused out and signed it. Then I noted. "Completed form skipping questions that were inappropriate".

Likely on a list now. No visit by Dr Swat Team yet. But I am likely on a list.....

Topaz,

Good for you.

If run into that kind baloney when I go in tomorrow, my doctor for over 20 will be my ex-doctor, but I'll be certain to tell him why.

Cutting off my nose to spite my face?

Maybe.

My choice.

Want to to know if I eat crackers in bed?

Nunya....

1) I had a doctor ask me once after an acerbic conversation which was more important - my gun collection* or giving her accurate information.
Like, DUH! That's a no brainer.
*Pre-boating accident
2) I notices a couple of years ago that the receptionist reviewed my form and wrote "patient refused to cooperate".
Yeah, and...?
3) All except for all the WORMS!!!
So when you say "we" it's not just the so-called "royal we." :D

Last Edited:
When I get these complaints from patients, if they are not satisfied with my explanation about the payor, accreditation, and regulatory requirements to collect some of this information, I tell them they are certainly free to find another practice that better meets their needs. We are already turning away patients due to lack of capacity, and life is too short for either the provider or patient to put up with an unsatisfactory therapeutic relationship.

Yrs ago our Pediatrician responded to the "guns in the house part". She asks how they were stored and if the children knew where they were.

Me, "My boys all know how to shoot, how to handle guns, they also know where the safe is that I keep most of my guns in".
Dr. "most? What about the ones not in the safe"
Me "on me"
Dr. "oh.....OH" As the light bulb came on.

I go out of my way to never discuss the fact I carry with others I interact face to face with. But this one time she asks very directly so I answered.

My doctor visit went perfectly.

Their computer system was down, so I filled out the paper work the old fashioned way: Pen and forms....yea! Took all of 7 minutes to fill out...easy peasy.

Not a single question was intrusive or in any way over the top.

All forms were in line with medical stuff, i.e., not questions that ask: Do I keep guns at home, am I being mistreated, am I a tranny, blah, blah, blah.

If any on this site are in medicine and think such questions 'must be answered' though they have zero to do with medical problems, yes, finding a different doc/clinic that would better serve my needs (meaning find a doc/clinic who doesn't demand intrusive questions be answered by patients) is a great idea.

Doctors are also business people.

Dwindling patient load means dwindling business, thus smaller profit.

BTW, if intrusive questions are mandated by the feds, thus the poor doc can't be held responsible, he/she is simply complying with the government, why then do I 'not' get asked such bogus nonsense here in Texas?

Maybe, the feds want our folks in medicine to ask such ridiculous questions, but our folks in medicine, resisted, deciding 'NO' we won't demand these type answers of our patients - feds, go fly a kite.

Those in medicine in liberal states can do the same.

Or, perhaps they're in agreement with these questions with a certain attitude of - You comrade citizen/peasant answer all our questions or no treatment/medicine for you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top