JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My GP shoots competitively. He just kind of grinned when he saw the big X that I put through the busybody section.

...Tell them it is against your gender to answer the form. ...
:s0140: :s0066:
So i answer all the questions as "No" or N/A and submit the form with the other paperwork I had to fill out!...
bust_1102_1.png
If anyone asks you "What's this?" just tell them "It's pronounced 'Nah'.". :)

Last Edited:
"I only consume 2 alcoholic beverages per week".

;)
The doctor told my 85 year old grandfather that he had to give up beer. The reply was, "Not likely!" So the doctor said, "Well, you can have one beer a day, but you have to walk the 1/4 mile to the liquor store and back for it." So every day my grandfather would walk to the liquor store in town and buy a QUART bottle of beer.

We're required to ask that gender/sex/orientation question. I dont look at the forms either. A lot of the stuff we have to do now is mandated by medicare in order to continue to get paid.

I don't see anything like that on the forms I fill out. Just general questions about health, meds, etc.

The closest they come is asking "do you feel safe at home" at the ER and once at my PCP.

It is helpful just to speed the process to have all you medication names and dosages though.

When I went to the ER a month ago for my injured arm, they had all of my meds already - I think the local hospital has a tight relationship with my healthcare insurance. The rest of my docs I have to always keep them up to date on the meds.

But no one has ever asked about guns.

Walgreens thinks I am female (common because of the spelling of my first name) and I can't seem to get them to correct it - they say it is the insurance.

It is helpful just to speed the process to have all you medication names and dosages though.

Both VA and local healthcare system (Hospital owns EVERYTHING within 150miles) have my records in the computer. VA wants me to bring my meds with me every time I go in... Nope! Other healthcare providers ask, I tell them no changes, then they go thru them item by item anyway. :rolleyes:

Id rather have the fungus than the stones I have right now.

Ouch! I know all about that. I had a 9mm stone that wouldn't pass and 5 stones behind it. Had to wait 6 months to get on the schedule to have them blasted... not fun!!!

The closest they come is asking "do you feel safe at home" at the ER and once at my PCP.

Walgreens thinks I am female (common because of the spelling of my first name) and I can't seem to get them to correct it - they say it is the insurance.

You do PCP? Oh my!!!

Sooooo, Walgreens mis-spells "The"???

;):D

"The closest they come is asking "do you feel safe at home" at the ER and once at my PCP."

The answer to that is "Of course!"
I don't need to add WHY I feel safe at home. :D

That is another required question about domestic abuse. We are required to use that wording too. It is so vague I've had patients ask if it was a government question to find gun owners.

Just think of the implications. The government thinks it needs to tell your doctor what questions to ask and it will withhold payments if not asked. The continued creep of the nanny state. Insurance does the same thing. Just yesterday I had a patient call mad at me because their insurance told him he needed to be on a different medication than what I had him on. They were of course completely wrong and if he followed their advice it would have made his condition worse. I remember when that was against the law for "practicing medicine without a license"

(and we wonder why doctor suicide rates are 7 times the national average)

I don't see anything like that on the forms I fill out. Just general questions about health, meds, etc.

I lose track of what program requires that. Probably the "Patient Centered Medical Home" requires the gender question to get paid slightly more.

The "Do you feel safe at home" is a required question about domestic abuse. We have to use those exact words even though it is too vague.

(and we wonder why doctor suicide rates are 7 times the national average)

Wow! Are they higher for doctors than dentists now?

The "Do you feel safe at home" is a required question about domestic abuse. We have to use those exact words even though it is too vague.

I've had to start attending my wife's doc visits since she is having dementia. The other day we were at her neurology appt, and the new PA ( :rolleyes: are there any Doctors left?) asked that question... and I thought "Hey, Husband sitting right here!!!"

1) "I've had to start attending my wife's doc visits since she is having dementia. The other day we were at her neurology appt, and the new PA ( :rolleyes: are there any Doctors left?) asked that question... and I thought "Hey, Husband sitting right here!!!""
Right then you snap "Of course she does, idiot!"
2) Watch that TPTB don't try to use her condition to say no guns in the house.
3) Any questions about guns are to be left blank or answered "No" just like "Do you use street drugs?" :eek: Obviously the answer to that is NO, no matter what the answer is.
I often wonder if the hidden intent is to find out who is too stupid to eat. (Picture cop at traffic stop. "You don't use any kind of drugs, do you?" Now what kind of inbred halfwit says "Yes" to that? Do not pass GO, do not collect $200 for those who answer yes.) When you talk to your doc always keep in mind what you say will go into a searchable data base.
4) "I don't work for an insurance company; I work for a large ambulatory healthcare organization. It sounds like what you are referring to are the employee wellness programs that provide a discount on the cost of healthcare insurance if you provide certain data and/or agree to do certain things, like exercise, keep the weight off, stop smoking, etc."
There was a lot of this sort of thing at the Big B - Wellness, "work/life balance", etc., - general stuff to motivate people to participate in activities that TPTB deem to be beneficial. We ignored it. We just regarded it as snooping and did not join in.
5) I once showed my doc a target I shot with an air rifle to show recovery from a neurological injury. She wanted to put a copy in the record, but honored my wishes when I asked her not to. (Note: same doc since '07)

Last Edited:
Are these intrusive, over the top questions asked on a state by state basis?

I've never filled out medical paperwork that asked such bogus questions.

If they start in I will just leave them blank.

I am often asked a battery of questions at the doctors office or hospital.

Do I feel safe at home?

Am I abused?

Do I feel that I could reach out and report any abuse?

Am I a fall hazard?

Etc.

Etc.

Must come with geezer territory.:s0133:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show