JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took a 3 hour drive up there and had a great time. Big store and even had a resturaunt in it. Lots to look at and lots to buy. Even found a couple of mags for my Kimber 22 conversion kit.

Prices were high but if you tell them you don't want to pay the taxes up there you just show thme your oregon DL and you don't end up paying taxes. There was no shortage of ammo there but like I said the prices are high.

Place is easy to find and right off the freeway.

jj

It's a fun place to visit and grab some food, but the prices are high (sort of like Disneyland). Still, the selection is fantastic and if I was looking for something in particular, I might drive down to see if they have it. Even though you can order almost anything through a FFL these days, there's still some value in being able to eye-ball your purchase first.

How packed was it? I went when they first opened, and it was almost pandemonium. Subsequent visits have been less busy.

Well, I don't know about now, but I went earlier this summer and there were people everywhere. Of course it appeared they were having all sorts of sales. I found a backpacking sleeping bag for the summer at a great deal.

I live about 10 minutes away... and I frequent the place quite a bit! Its not nearly as busy as it was when it first opened. The prices are pretty high, however, they will price match any of the local sporting goods stores, like Sportsmans Wharehouse, or even Big 5 (which are both on the other side of the freeway) or even Sportco in Fife..

They have a nice selection of goods, but again, most things can be ordered online and mailed directly to you. I usually cruise through the "bargain den", because they have quite a selection of "returned items" and prices can be quite a bit less. It usually has a much larger section of clothing goods than anything else, but periodically, nice stuff turns up in there.

Its fun taking my boys in to see the big aquarium... but they like "walking around" on the boats that are on display!! Thier fishing section is great, as I have yet to go in and they not have the hooks I'm looking for. If the prices werent as high as they were, and they sold grocieries..... I would shop there, more than Wal-Mart!! ahhahahahah

I guess it would depend on what you are looking for, but I didn't think prices were too bad for a store. We went for reloading equipment and had great help with it all and got great prices for what we were needing. Obviously not as good as you can find online, but cheaper than I've found at Sportsman's and a MUCH better selection.
We also had a problem with a product we bought (It had already been opened and pieces missing), so I called and spoke with a manager and told him how irritated I was since we are $50 in gas away from them, not to mention the time. He offered to meet half way between us and the store and bring us a new one, and then also give us a $50 gift card. I was really impressed how concerned he was with making sure we were happy! :)

Yeah, I would agree with all of the above. I stopped in there on black friday morning and picked up some sale items and did some browsing. Gun prices there tend to be on the high side of average but occasionally you can find a deal and the sale prices are pretty decent.

I actually picked up a Smith & Wesson 22A pistol a couple of months ago for only a couple of bucks more than the best online price I'd found (and with no shipping or FFL fees to deal with I HAD to buy it :s0155: ).

And it's a good place to kill time if you need to get away from the wife for awhile. :D

A couple of years ago the Oregonian had an article on the PDX commercial development, where IKEA is. Cabelas was mentioned as one of the stores to be there. I wonder what happened.

Bruce

A couple of years ago the Oregonian had an article on the PDX commercial development, where IKEA is. Cabelas was mentioned as one of the stores to be there. I wonder what happened.

Bruce

I read an article that said price of gas (at the time) was hurting Cabelas and other destination retailers. Maybe that put a crimp on their expansion? Now gas is cheap, but credit is tight & economy is in the toilet, so that'll probably restrict next wave of expansion.

I went there the day after Christmas last year. The in-laws live in Vancouver and it was their turn for my family to be up there so I planned to go up there the day after. When Ipulled into theparking lot it felt like I had arrived at mecca or soemthing like that. I got there right as the doors were opening and all I could say was WOW!!

It was very cool finally seeing the inside of a Cabelas. However, I would not make another "special" trip up there; especially from down here in Roseburg. I would, however, stop there in a heart beat if I was up in the area again. To me you can get whatever you need from Sportsmans and the net to not make an extra long trip up there. That's not to say that it isn't a very neat place and one that I woul dfrequent often if I lived in the area!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top