JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of the guys is a good shot but hadn't shot a full auto AK very much. So we set up a man sized target and had him try to control a full mag on the target and the target was 20 yards away... Out of 30 rounds 5 hit the target and none near the center. Which makes you think about the news stories where they show terrorist shooting their AKs on full auto. If they hit someone it is by accident

As usual had a great time. Fired 3 class three guns,a tavor,5 handguns and a Ar. So when is the last time you were out burning some powder? Tell us how it went.

:D

About 6 hours ago. I am lazy tonight, just CPed this from my other post.

Son and nephew came over with another friend and some assorted arms. I got about 20 rounds of .223 and about the same 9mm down range. Son did a pretty impressive .380 group at about 15 yards. He also had a box of cheap a@@ Russian .40 ammo rolling around in his pickup, loaded a mag of it and had a primer fire on the second round and plugged the barrel. Tried it in another gun and the first round did the same. I took the box of ammo and walked over and dumped it in the pond.

Had a MK5 and MK2 Stens full autos but old Egyptian ammo. Lots of stoppages but got through a few mags in each gun. Then went to the handguns, all 45 cal.

The last time we loaded up most of the gear and really spent a whole day shooting was August I think. We ended up camping for a few days up around Browns camp and shooting at the pit. It was really a great couple of days. It's always nice to meet new people (most of the time) and we were talking and people were shooting each other's firearms and trying out each other's "favorites". The die hards even stayed until just before dusk and we cleaned a lot of junk up from the pit, which felt good. Then a couple months ago we went to Threat Dynamics and took some of the pistols for some stress relief. I like Threat Dynamics for inside shooting. It's small but effective,and perfect for getting some rounds down range in the middle of the day. ;)

Had a MK5 and MK2 Stens full autos but old Egyptian ammo. Lots of stoppages but got through a few mags in each gun. Then went to the handguns, all 45 cal.
"bacon seed" ha ha! Change that to "range hog!" The wife and I are going out in the rain today to function test a new/used handgun and a couple extended magazines. Love making empty brass......to reload. Kinda like a snake eating its tail. Sounds like you had a "blast!"

Been out a couple of times this week. Mostly looking for a load for a newish AR but also getting used to the Timney 517 in my 308. Very happy to say that I finally found a load that the AR really likes. Was starting to get worried that the Rainier Ultra Match barrel might have to go back.

"bacon seed" ha ha! Change that to "range hog!" The wife and I are going out in the rain today to function test a new/used handgun and a couple extended magazines. Love making empty brass......to reload. Kinda like a snake eating its tail. Sounds like you had a "blast!"

Any day shooting is a good day:D Got to try a tavor, not a big fan after shooting it a bit. Shoots really straight but couldn't get used to the bull pup design. It needed a red dot too, sites stick up too high and are too small. Fun to shoot it though. Piles of brass to reload now.

It was about 4 weeks ago. Took two brand spanking new shooters out and dirtied up most of the guns I own (giving them as much to try as possible).

I'm just about done cleaning them but still have a couple that need to be broken down - busy time of the year or Id have them done by now.

I'll be heading out in a week or so, one of the young men is getting a 10/22 for Christmas and I figure will be in a hurry to get some lead thru it.

Went shooting last week (Friday) with my brother. He invited my cousin who recently completed her introductory firearms safety class. Spend a couple hours shooting HK P30's, P30L's, VP9's and Sig P239.

Mostly staples this past year. At least a dozen a day. Flippin' sad.

Weapons? Probably 3-4 times in 2014, handguns indoors, mostly .22. Got some quick Class 3 action in the woods last Feb just to see what feeds/doesn't feed (5 different brands and another fail for Winchester, but I digress).

Opposing work and social schedules among my shooter buddies tend to make most conversations end like this: "Yeah, we need to head out of town soon and turn some money into noise." Then wait another month or two, complain about busy, conflicting schedules and repeat the promise. A sadly empty mantra for city slickers.

So I'm moving west in 2 years. I need space to park toys, fly RC planes/helos, and pop off a few rounds without going anywhere. Oh, and happily run the rototiller for my sweetheart who likes to garden.

Trying hard to think of what I'll miss most about Multnomah County. I got nothing.

Last Edited:
Last weekend. Started to break in the new DPMS Gen II Recon in .308. I had a Nikon M308 mounted in a Vortex AR mount. After two rounds the scope lost focus. Never got it back. Shot about 80 rounds with a blurry scope. Rifle ran like a champ no matter what I was feeding it (a couple boxes of Remington, a box of Federal and a box of Hornady SST). Even with a blurry scope the groups weren't that bad.

Cleaned up the brass and reloaded to do a ladder test to find the powder charge and bullet weight this new gun likes best.

Set a Vortex Viper HS 6-24X50 in a Burris PEPR mount on top. Now I'm just waiting for Sunday to roll around.

One of the guys is a good shot but hadn't shot a full auto AK very much. So we set up a man sized target and had him try to control a full mag on the target and the target was 20 yards away... Out of 30 rounds 5 hit the target and none near the center. Which makes you think about the news stories where they show terrorist shooting their AKs on full auto. If they hit someone it is by accident
Probably just wasnt an AK guy ;)

Capn Jackost: 1195519 said:
First shot in the crotch, recoil takes care of the rest...:eek:

My daughter when growing up playing video games was most efficent at crotch shots..... I told her I'll try and not piss her off too much when she gets older...o_O

Yeah full auto is fun but it is highly overrated. 3 round bursts are more effective in a gun battle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top