Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Went a little crazy today.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Apr 6, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I went into my dealer's shop today after receiving a call that he had received a new Colt Delta Elite. While I was there I noticed some guns under the counter that he had just bought from another customer. They were a 3", 4", and 6.5" S&W m624.

I have always wanted a .44spl revolver but have never found a good one. These were all three unfired in the original boxes.

Now I had to make the hard decision as to whether to pick up the Delta or get one of the Smiths.

I ended up deciding to put both the 3" m624 and the Delta Elite on lay-a-way. I figured "what the heck. I might end up living in a cardboard box under the Morrison bridge...but it will be the best defended cardboard box in the city." :D

I then remembered that Physicsguy was also looking for a m624 so I gave him a call. I figured since I was blowing my budget I was going to drag down as many other people as I could with me. :)

Long story short, I ended up laying the 4" m624 away too so that Physicsguy can get down and take a look at it. if he wants it he will pick it up and if not I will keep it for myself.

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

I may be getting the 6.5" as well it looks like.... (I did some math :D)

3. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm.. Mr. Penguin, a little impulsive were we today? Well, perhaps. But like you said, a well defended refrigerator carton will be a more cozy place to lay yer haid than the palace in the West Hills with no defence.....

I can relate, though. I'm finding Gunbroker is a daynjrus place to lurk...... the way I figure it, though, these sorts of "items" will NOT be decreasing much in value any time soon. And I've a feeling there will be more, over the next short while, who find they can no longer sustain their erstwhile altitude upon the swine.... and thus will be coerced into parting with much more of this sort of thing, and at fire sale prices. Those with ready cash, and the sense to MOVE on them, will be the arms supply in future times should the govemint manage to make good on their campaign threats in some fashion.

4. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

no offense, buy how do you guys afford to buy so many guns, especially one right after the other?

5. PhysicsGuy

Live in a cardboard box and eat Ramen.

6. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Need some Ramen recipies from an old addict??:D:D

jj

7. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

selling your bi-tone USPc could help you get them off layout faster ;)

Glad you're getting some pieces you want! Can't wait for the pics!

8. PhysicsGuy

I thought you only had Geritol recipies Jim... :D

9. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Be nice now, I got guns you want:D

jj

10. Kennedy

Kennedy Beaverton Member

Hey Penguin can always crash on my couch.. ( Have you seen all of his beautiful firearms? If I let him crash at my house he might let me shoot them!)

11. Contract_Pilot

Contract_Pilot Vancouver, Washington Active Member

I like cooking Ramen in a 4 cup coffee pot and adding some fresh veggies..