JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think I'm clicking on any of those...
You don't have too. I just included them for the pics.

Polk.JPG

Hamilton Vs. Polk

Premiered Dec 4, 2019

Age matches.

UCLA student killed in random attack at luxury furniture store

As we descend from "any excuse" to "no excuse". My many "thanks" to those who have undermined law enforcement, morality, and especially to the Deadbeat DA's who contributed so heavily to lawlessness. I hope all of them suffer fates like this for their roles in causing violence and death to others.
ID'ed...

and busted...

Brianna Kupfer's alleged killer Shawn Smith caught after pedestrian calls 911

He'll probably be out before the weekend.

The world we live in.

I recall the many crazy fast food things over the last couple years.

Popeyes released a sandwich, yes a sandwich, and people where fist fighting for them. One person got stabbed to death over it.
McDonalds released a sauce because of a popular cartoon, people lost it!
Isn't that the proverbial "conniption"? Heard of therm, but never saw one before.

Last Edited:
My comments here will be less about the details of this shooting and more about potential motives in general. Specifically, the concept of the DRIVE THROUGH.

I'm old and retired. One of my little enjoyments was to stop at a fast food place maybe once a week and treat myself. Not necessarily the same place or brand. Various Wendy's stores in the area were on my list.

Then came the Covid thing. The fast food routine was pretty well shattered. Like so many other activities. They've never gotten back to anything close to normal. Dining rooms are mostly closed, limiting service to drive through. Which leads to long lines of idling cars, wasting fuel and time. And sometimes fouled-up orders. Which might not be discovered until your "turn in line is up" and getting it fixed would be another ordeal of wasted time. I refuse to do drive through again. I've endured it in relatively short lines four times. Of those four times, three orders were wrong.

One time, I stopped to look into service at a McDonald's. Their squawk box was out of order. You couldn't place your order until you got up to the window, adding even more time to the process.

My point being, I wouldn't be surprised at a fast food shooting simply based on drive through lane frustrations.

I have found one place that still gives a satisfactory experience. It's an independent, walk-in establishment. No drive through. An order there takes about ten minutes and their burgers are very tasty. Nice, big burger patty that actually tastes like meat. Unlike McDonalds, which tastes more like oatmeal.

My comments here will be less about the details of this shooting and more about potential motives in general. Specifically, the concept of the DRIVE THROUGH.

I'm old and retired. One of my little enjoyments was to stop at a fast food place maybe once a week and treat myself. Not necessarily the same place or brand. Various Wendy's stores in the area were on my list.

Then came the Covid thing. The fast food routine was pretty well shattered. Like so many other activities. They've never gotten back to anything close to normal. Dining rooms are mostly closed, limiting service to drive through. Which leads to long lines of idling cars, wasting fuel and time. And sometimes fouled-up orders. Which might not be discovered until your "turn in line is up" and getting it fixed would be another ordeal of wasted time. I refuse to do drive through again. I've endured it in relatively short lines four times. Of those four times, three orders were wrong.

One time, I stopped to look into service at a McDonald's. Their squawk box was out of order. You couldn't place your order until you got up to the window, adding even more time to the process.

My point being, I wouldn't be surprised at a fast food shooting simply based on drive through lane frustrations.

I have found one place that still gives a satisfactory experience. It's an independent, walk-in establishment. No drive through. An order there takes about ten minutes and their burgers are very tasty. Nice, big burger patty that actually tastes like meat. Unlike McDonalds, which tastes more like oatmeal.
I've done this for years. I don't go to fast food restaurants much and never really have, but once in a while it's really satisfying to go get some cheap, unhealth food. Wendy's McD's, Burger King. All of them have something on the menu that I really like, and to be just handed a bag of greasy indulgence through a window is really something every once in a while. Like you, I've seen the quality of both product and service go downhill hard.

To replace that, I've taken to reviving simple, sometimes eccentric meals from the past at home and it's been fun. I just remembered recently how good a decent vanilla ice cream is with peanut butter and honey on top of it. Now I have a giant jar of peanut butter from my earthquake kit about half empty and will have to buy more honey soon. I don't eat much at a time (gotta be really high in fat and calories) but several times a week I go hey I know what I want for dessert. Had some Spam last year with various stuff on or in it. Totally going to get some scrapple this year, fry it and put maple syrup on it.

I've done this for years. I don't go to fast food restaurants much and never really have, but once in a while it's really satisfying to go get some cheap, unhealth food. Wendy's McD's, Burger King.
Man, I grew up on fast food (for the era)! Mom and dad always worked. Full time plus, five days a week. "TV DINNERS" were where it was at in the early '60s. Arctic Circle was just down the road too. My home town, Midvale Utah, is where Arctic Circle is based. They had pressure fried chicken too. Then a Kentucky Fried Chicken opened up across from Arctic Circle. My dad, always frugal (wink wink). long after I'd moved away, when Little Caesar's pizza came to the street he lived on, he was in pizza heaven.

Cheap is no longer a word to use for these joints. We like to grab a couple of Mcdouble's and share a large fry from time to time. The Mcdouble, that looks NOTHING like in their stoopid, incessant ads, is $2.75 now. And a large fry is $3.80. You give it a shake once you get it and the fries drop below the LOW part of the carton.

Isn't that the proverbial "conniption"? Heard of therm, but never saw one before.
Real word:

conniption

kə-nĭp′shən

noun

1. A fit of violent emotion, such as anger or panic.
  2. An attack of hysteria; a fit of rage or vexation.
  3. An attack of hysteria; a fit of rage or vexation.

Maybe the new kids are the Conniption Crop? Sounds about right to this Boomer

Man, I grew up on fast food (for the era)! Mom and dad always worked. Full time plus, five days a week. "TV DINNERS" were where it was at in the early '60s. Arctic Circle was just down the road too. My home town, Midvale Utah, is where Arctic Circle is based. They had pressure fried chicken too. Then a Kentucky Fried Chicken opened up across from Arctic Circle. My dad, always frugal (wink wink). long after I'd moved away, when Little Caesar's pizza came to the street he lived on, he was in pizza heaven.

Cheap is no longer a word to use for these joints. We like to grab a couple of Mcdouble's and share a large fry from time to time. The Mcdouble, that looks NOTHING like in their stoopid, incessant ads, is $2.75 now. And a large fry is $3.80. You give it a shake once you get it and the fries drop below the LOW part of the carton.
EDIT: This post was edited by a moderator a few minutes ago. As it may potentially change the original meaning, I have removed the remainder. -FS

Last Edited:

What a hoot! I stayed at a hotel in Midvale and was having breakfast at the Midvale Mining Cafe and noticed the Arctic Circle Headquarters across the street. It made me laugh because it's right next door to McDonald's with a Denney's on the other side. I even took a picture, I'll see if I can find it. Streetview in Google Earth now shows the building as vacant, but that's where it was.
1642706703979.png

EDIT: I found the picture
1642707442828.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class