Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wells Fargo preparing to charge $5 for every deposit starting in April, 2014?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by ATCclears, Jan 15, 2014.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Good thing I don't have a checking/savings account with these fine thieves.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Time to move money into a Credit Union or small Local Bank.

4. markpeters1970

markpeters1970 PNW Active Member

I agree that they are crooks but read the fine print, this charge is for "international" transactions. I too have moved most business to credit unions, its seems there is no safe place for money. Any and everywhere you go someone is scheming to separate us from our money. Sucks!

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

I wonder if they consider abroad transactions coming from internet sources...for example- you transfer money to a PayPal account to pay for something, then to deposit those funds, Wells Fargo charges a $5 fee (since they cannot verify where the funds originated from) just to move funds from PayPal back into your account. So if you buy and sell things on eBay, this sounds like a ponzi scheme to make money off your profits without any work on their part.

Just to note, $5 for every transaction is a LOT OF MONEY. Heck, I refuse to use my ATM card at AM/PM gas stations because of their stupid $0.75 transaction fee...

*edit to add*

I'll be surprised if this topic doesn't get locked or moved to the Off Topic area...but thanks for posting it ATC.

6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

My new biz is there but I was already planning on moving it, simply was a convenient place to get started and free checking

7. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Only .35 in Bend.

8. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

US Bank is doing it next month they are all doing it. I believe this is based on new regulation to track money going into offshore accounts by the feds, nsa whoever. Its all part of nationalizing of America.

9. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

I use a local credit union that charges no fees. In addition, I take advantage of shared branch banking to access my credit union free of charge from other participating credit unions. There are TONS of them participating - check out cuswirl.com. Also most ATMs in 7-11's are free of charge.

10. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

I never use ATMs, I rarely use my CC

11. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Based on Fed regulations and too big to fail Credit Unions will be lucky to be around within 5 yrs. I guess with a republican prez dodd frank could get repealed and reverse this Its for the children nanny state mentality.