JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Eugene police dog bites wrong man, intruder flees

EUGENE — A Eugene man fighting a home intruder to defend his mother and young children was bitten by a police dog after officers mistook him for the prowler they had been chasing through the neighborhood.
Tim Crossan told The Register-Guard he broke his hand on the intruder’s face during the fight, just before police burst in and sent the dog after him.

The 39-year-old father of three told the Eugene newspaper the dog bit through his left calf before clamping down on his thigh and then his left buttock.
The intruder, meanwhile, escaped and Crossan says he is upset that police have not offered him an apology for the bites that landed him in the hospital overnight earlier this week.
Eugene Police Chief Pete Kerns on Friday said the incident was “unfortunate” but praised Crossan for defending his home, calling his actions “heroic.”

I saw on the news last night that they were telling the cops tocall of the dog and get the other guy. Seems like they ignored the people in the home.
I hope they paid medical bills.

The Eugene police department seems like the worst one in the state for this kind of thing. Just a couple weeks ago, an officer tasered a Chinese exchange student in his own apartment because he didn't understand English well enough to answer the officer's questions...

When I first heard this I assumed that they caught the guy. Turns out he got away while EPD was subduing the wrong guy.

EPD sure isn't making many friends this month.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top