JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That is some great stuff isn't it Steve!!! I am surprised with the amount of time in the recliner?? Do you know what drugs they pushed?? You can PM me if you don't want to state what they were.... just curious. :oops:

First is Taxol. Four hours on the pump!

Then Carboplatin. Thirty min on the pump!

During the Taxol, I had a reaction, a bit of tightening across the chest and had to back off on it a while.

Cronhnos, I intended to wish your son the best of outcomes from the chemo!

Well, today was a nightmare with 6 1/2 hours on the recliner! The chemicals didn't bother yet but it's a real beating for the old body in that too small chair. I'm exhausted and will close now. Really weird stuff to pass along to anyone interested when I've recovered a bit! :) Thank you all!
Goldarn it. I don't want to stumble on my lip here (code for I forgot a gem I was going to wonder about or something).., oh just remembered.. pass along the weird, ya weirdo!

How you feeling today Sarge? How did that chemo hit you last night? Been wondering how things went for you.

Well, I slept well last night, not counting the night sweats! Wettest, most horrific night sweats ever! They are caused by the steroids they have me on! Most unpleasant, but still got some solid rest!:D
Awakened feeling good and went in for a MRI, came home for a two hour nap.
Now I have a pretty good headache and experiencing some nausea but nothing severe.

Here is a weird fact! This stuff in my veins is sooo toxic that when I use the toilet I have to fully flush twice and fully wash my hands twice, to protect my wife! o_O

Saw this and thought it might make you smile Sarge. ;):D

21728002_910002315805992_458683907697504594_n.jpg

Well, I slept well last night, not counting the night sweats! Wettest, most horrific night sweats ever! They are caused by the steroids they have me on! Most unpleasant, but still got some solid rest!:D
Awakened feeling good and went in for a MRI, came home for a two hour nap.
Now I have a pretty good headache and experiencing some nausea but nothing severe.

Here is a weird fact! This stuff in my veins is sooo toxic that when I use the toilet I have to fully flush twice and fully wash my hands twice, to protect my wife! o_O
I had read something about that before I started my chemo and we even asked my oncologist about that and he said it wasn't necessary with the chemo that I was on. It's good to hear you are up and about.

Yeah I had to read THAT ONE to my son and made a similar comment. He said " you gotta have a little more faith that it was SATIRE."
I don't know if it is or not . . . it was funny though.

Tomorrow is a day free from medical appointments! I think I'm gonna have the spousal unit chauffeur me out to Keith's and look for a new piece to fondle, and love and call my own! You know, for recovery! :D Leaning towards a revolver....but...who knows!

Last Edited:
Glad to hear the treatment was tolerated reasonable well Sarge. Don't give in to it, keep yer eye on the prize, more time with the grand babies...

Your in my prayers daily sir, I've taken the liberty to spread prayer requests to all the believers I know, to offer prays as the Father leads.

May the Lord continue to watch over you, to comfort and heal you. May He protect you from adverse effects of the treatment and use that treatment to defeat the enemy, all for the glory of the Father.... Amen...

Glad to hear the treatment was tolerated reasonable well Sarge. Don't give in to it, keep yer eye on the prize, more time with the grand babies...

Your in my prayers daily sir, I've taken the liberty to spread prayer requests to all the believers I know, to offer prays as the Father leads.

May the Lord continue to watch over you, to comfort and heal you. May He protect you from adverse effects of the treatment and use that treatment to defeat the enemy, all for the glory of the Father.... Amen...

From your lips to His ears! AMEN!

Tomorrow is a day free from medical appointments! I think I'm gonna have the spousal unit chauffeur me out to Riches and look for a new piece to fondle, and love and call my own! You know, for recovery! :D Leaning towards a revolver....but...who knows!

Here's my new recovery medication! Got her at Keith's she's a Ruger SP101 in .22LR. Used gun, it is immaculate and the price was very attractive! :D

IMG_1341.JPG

Last Edited:
Well, managed to sleep again last night! :D But the chemicals are starting to hit me hard. My pizz smells like AV gas! Riding over to the NLGS (Not Local Gun Shop) pounded me hard. The Oncologists warned me that I would likely have tremors in my extremities and I do, hard to tell if your holding a nice revolver while your off hand trembles! ;)

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top