JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let the government pass any laws they want? Then they can do what they want and make Us do what they want.

Or maybe,just maybe the government should do The Will Of The People.

I wonder if the people of Oregon voted on ORS 166.173?

I wonder if that statue would stand if the people voted on it?

ORS sections in this chapter were amended or repealed by the Legislative Assembly.

December 2012 Interim Legislative Days Committee Schedule

The Senate will meet to consider Executive Appointments
at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, December 12, 2012.

The State of Oregon has a Citizen Legislature consisting of the Senate, whose 30 members are elected to serve four-year terms, and the House of Representatives, which has 60 members elected for two-year terms.

The Legislature convenes annually in February at the State Capitol in Salem, but sessions may not exceed 160 days in odd-numbered years and 35 days in even-numbered years. Five-day extensions are allowed by a two-thirds vote in each house. In odd-numbered years, the Legislative Assembly convenes on the second Monday in January, to swear-in newly elected officials, elect legislative leaders, adopt rules, organize and appoint committees, and begin introducing bills.

Oregon's representative form of government is governed by rules, laws, and procedures. Although the process is long, complex and dominated by committees, all laws begin as someone's idea.

Maybe more of us Oregon citizens should get involved? Maybe I will.

Oregon Constitution

Bill of rights.

Section 1. Natural rights inherent in people. We declare that all men, when they form a social compact are equal in right: that all power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their peace, safety, and happiness; and they have at all times a right to alter, reform, or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper.

Section 27. Right to bear arms; military subordinate to civil power. The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.]

Section 33. Enumeration of rights not exclusive. This enumeration of rights, and privileges shall not be construed to impair or deny others retained by the people.—

LEGISLATIVE DEPARTMENT

Section 1. Legislative power; initiative and referendum. (1) The legislative power of the state, except for the initiative and referendum powers reserved to the people, is vested in a Legislative Assembly, consisting of a Senate and a House of Representatives.

(2)(a) The people reserve to themselves the initiative power, which is to propose laws and amendments to the Constitution and enact or reject them at an election independently of the Legislative Assembly.

EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT

Section 9. Governor as commander in chief of state military forces. The Governor shall be commander in cheif [sic] of the military, and naval forces of this State, and may call out such forces to execute the laws, to suppress insurection [sic], or to repel invasion.

Section 10. Governor to see laws executed. He shall take care that the Laws be faithfully executed.—

ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT

Section 5. Offices and records of executive officers. The Governor, Secretary of State, and Treasurer of State shall severally keep the public records, books and papers at the seat of government in any manner relating to their respective offices.
[Constitution of 1859; Amendment proposed by S.J.R. 13, 1985, and adopted by the people Nov. 4, 1986]

JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT

Section 1. Courts; election of judges; term of office; compensation. The judicial power of the state shall be vested in one supreme court and in such other courts as may from time to time be created by law. The judges of the supreme and other courts shall be elected by the legal voters of the state or of their respective districts for a term of six years, and shall receive such compensation as may be provided by law, which compensation shall not be diminished during the term for which they are elected. [Created through initiative petition filed July 7, 1910, and adopted by the people Nov. 8, 1910]

Section 6. Incompetency or malfeasance of public officer. Public officers shall not be impeached; but incompetency, corruption, malfeasance or delinquency in office may be tried in the same manner as criminal offenses, and judgment may be given of dismissal from office, and such further punishment as may have been prescribed by law. [Created through initiative petition filed July 7, 1910, and adopted by the people Nov. 8, 1910]

THE MILITIA

Sec. 1. State militia

2. Persons exempt

3. Officers

Section 1. State militia. The Legislative Assembly shall provide by law for the organization, maintenance and discipline of a state militia for the defense and protection of the State. [Constitution of 1859; Amendment proposed by H.J.R. 5, 1961, and adopted by the people Nov. 6, 1962]

Section 2. Persons exempt. Persons whose religious tenets, or conscientious scruples forbid them to bear arms shall not be compelled to do so. [Constitution of 1859; Amendment proposed by H.J.R. 5, 1961, and adopted by the people Nov. 6, 1962]

Section 3. Officers. The Governor, in his capacity as Commander-in-Chief of the military forces of the State, shall appoint and commission an Adjutant General. All other officers of the militia of the State shall be appointed and commissioned by the Governor upon the recommendation of the Adjutant General. [Constitution of 1859; Amendment proposed by H.J.R. 5, 1961, and adopted by the people Nov. 6, 1962]

Section 4. Staff officers; commissions.:RF8. [Constitution of 1859; Repeal proposed by H.J.R. 5, 1961, and adopted by the people Nov. 6, 1962]

Section 5. Legislature to make regulations for militia.:RF8. [Constitution of 1859; Repeal proposed by H.J.R. 5, 1961, and adopted by the people Nov. 6, 1962]

Section 6. Continuity of government in event of enemy attack.:RF8. [Created through H.J.R. 9, 1959, and adopted by the people Nov. 8, 1960; Repeal proposed by H.J.R. 24, 1975, and adopted by the people Nov. 2, 1976]

Might I suggest you stop splitting hairs? The WHOLE POINT is that the founders expected non-professional, unsalaried citizen soldiers to show up when needed, trained formally or not, with WEAPONS THAT THEY OWNED. Obviously, they expected the citizens would own weapons that were on a par with the English military.dier THE POINT is that this would bear on what they intended the 2nd Amendment to mean. But you go ahead and CONTINUE to argue the point that ONLY PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS are who they intended to have the 2nd Amendment apply to. It seems counter-productive to what I think your position is on the 2nd Amendment, so I can only wonder incredulously at your confusion and stubbornness.

Maybe you're the one that needs a little more education. You can read all about it here: Militia in the Revolutionary War

There is no confusion here, except for you. I have never said there was any need of professional army.
I merely pointed out that not all training was the same.
Of course you would knew this if you knew history.

For those not familiar with the term "cognitive dissonance," please read the quote above, and then consider the definition:

It comes VERY close to a perfect example, and could easily be listed under the very definition of the term.

So despite Misterbill's contention of the opposite, especially his attempts to tie the notion of a local militia to "right wing kooks," his notions (at least) and/or plans (at best) is to indeed form such a local militia.
The only difference? His definition of "marauders and interlopers" apparently doesn't include those in "authority" even though if one reads many of his posts here, one can easily read of his disdain for that very same "authority."

Welcome to the "right wing extremist" club Misterbill.
Now, how do YOU like being pigeonholed, in this case by the same ridiculous rhetoric (yours) that we read in the press almost daily.

Case in point: The judge tossed out the case against 80% of Hutaree arrestees, and returned the guns, and ammo to those acquitted.
"Right-wing kooks" indeed.

They're just citizens, the same as you.

I don't really blame Bill for this. I understand his objection to being labelled with the term militia. It has been demonized and given a bad ordor in the press. It's like being called a racist. Some sh*t will stick when people start flinging poo, even if you weren't involved in the poo-flinging contest. Nobody wants to be labelled a kook, or extremist, or associated with racist movements. The problem is that the poo wasn't true, or at least not true of the majority.

All I ask is that when people start a discussion here, that they give the benefit of the doubt to honest debate, that you interpret things the way they're meant and don't deliberately twist them (as best as one can determine, it may take some further eliciting of info to determine) and treat people like they generally are: adults of generally good will, trying to participate in a community of enthusiasts to further our own knowledge and self-police what our own ethical standards should be, further our knowledge of and perhaps affect the status of the law and how society perceives this issue.

I sell a lot of prepping supplies through my shop, and I cater to the prepping community. We are somewhat cautious about using the term militia or survivalist in our marketing. We don't need the general public sticking an incorrect denigrating label on us, and we don't need the rather fringe elements starting to patronize the place and stinking it up with wanna-be NAZI BS. I'm pretty up-front about my household being multi-racial, and if anybody's got a problem with us, they can go piss up a rope.

But in a forum like this, where the general education level on this particular topic is a little higher, we should be discussing principle and facts, not using code words and marketing obfuscations. A gynecologist doesn't use a vulgar nickname for a vagina when he's talking shop with his other colleagues. Mechanics don't say "thingamajig" when talking about a carberator. Precision in the terms we use leads to clearer thinking on the subject.

ORS sections in this chapter were amended or repealed by the Legislative Assembly.

December 2012 Interim Legislative Days Committee Schedule

The Senate will meet to consider Executive Appointments
at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, December 12, 2012.

The State of Oregon has a Citizen Legislature consisting of the Senate, whose 30 members are elected to serve four-year terms, and the House of Representatives, which has 60 members elected for two-year terms.

The Legislature convenes annually in February at the State Capitol in Salem, but sessions may not exceed 160 days in odd-numbered years and 35 days in even-numbered years. Five-day extensions are allowed by a two-thirds vote in each house. In odd-numbered years, the Legislative Assembly convenes on the second Monday in January, to swear-in newly elected officials, elect legislative leaders, adopt rules, organize and appoint committees, and begin introducing bills.

Oregon's representative form of government is governed by rules, laws, and procedures. Although the process is long, complex and dominated by committees, all laws begin as someone's idea.

Maybe more of us Oregon citizens should get involved? Maybe I will.

I will if you will, I'm great a rallying troops. I've got a history that we can talk about sometime that got direct results and a lot of tv coverage. But that's another time.

We would have to form a formal committee to even be acknowledged. That takes work.

Just a heads up.

The militia in Oregon is no longer. It is now jointly ran with the federal government since 1961. Any person in Oregon can not join the Oregon State Defense Force (militia) unless they have prior military service.

I believe if the federal government turns on The People of the Untied States so will the Oregon national guard. They are now joined at the hip, per-say.

If you want to know more read these.....

http://www.orsdf.org/history.htm Oregon State Defense Force Home Page and Oregon Military Department Agency History

also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Defense_Forces and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Guard_(United_States)

Oregon State Defense Force History

"In 1987 the Oregon Army National Guard conducted a statewide mobilization exercise in which ORNGR units trained to secure all equipment at the armories if the National Guard was deployed.

In 1989 the name of the ORNGR was changed to the current Oregon State Defense Force (ORSDF) by the Oregon Legislature to better coincide with federal laws.

In November 2002 the ORSDF was reorganized to better mirror units of the Army National Guard with smaller company field units and two Battalion Headquarters. Today the ORSDF is tasked with being prepared for homeland security missions and assisting the 1-186 Infantry and 1-162 Infantry of the Oregon Army National Guard in accomplishing their state missions and training for their federal missions. "

The well regulated militia of today is for the government and not for the citizens.

What a shame.

"When National Guard units are not under federal control, the governor is the commander-in-chief of the units of his or her respective state, territory.."

I guess it's up to the 20 million right thing gunners out here then

BTW we had people like the anti militia types was back in the days of the Revolution..they were called Loyalists, and we tarred and feathered them

I am not sure how you taking a class translates into the training of "all able bodied males between the ages of 18 and 45 are automatically members of the militia".

I did not say I took a class.

I said I paid for it. I purchased and maintain my own gear, and I stay healthy without someone else reimbursing my costs.

It is in the manner of personal response ability. I can respond when it is necessary.

Though I no longer fit the specifics of your quote, I still am an able bodied male citizen of the United States.:D

I did not say I took a class.

I said I paid for it. I purchased and maintain my own gear, and I stay healthy without someone else reimbursing my costs.

It is in the manner of personal response ability. I can respond when it is necessary.

Though I no longer fit the specifics of your quote, I still am an able bodied male citizen of the United States.:D

My quote was what you wrote.

I don't see the connection between what you defined as "well regulated" (well trained) and militia, which you defined as (in Oregon) "all able bodied males between the ages of 18 and 45 are automatically members of the militia".

IOW, I am not sure where you are connecting your paid for training with the training of the "well regulated militia" in Oregon.

:s0092:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top