JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi folks! My name's David or Dave and I'm pleased of (maybe even proud of) my Irish heritage even if it's been thinned out over generations. Anyway, that explains the nickname (and it's usually not taken when I sign up).

I've been shooting off and on since my first HK rifle in the 70's. Spent a few years carrying a badge but couldn't stand the city politics so continued along my college training in computers. Did some work in network security but I'm retired now.

My people were only in Ireland for 200 years or so, arriving with Oliver Cromwell in the 1650's from England. My (many times) great grandfather is still scorned today by the IRA after he commanded the unit that destroyed Drogheda. We get back every couple of years. There are still huge religious divisions that are really based more in social issues. So being an Orangeman (me) welcome..........

Last Edited:
Welcome to the greatest firearms forum on the inter webs. No where will you find such a diverse, knowledgeable and cantankerous group, we are quite the dysfunctional extended family...

Sláinte! From one Irishman to another!

Dungannon, County Tyrone

My immigrant ancestor was a captain in the Rutherford Co. [NC] militia. He survived the war, but his house was burned down by Tories. Back in October 2000 I found his gravestone in a long-abandoned cemetery in eastern Rutherford county [I also had permission from the present landowners to look for it].

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top