JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check out the price of 9mm on cheaperthandirt if you want a good laugh. It's in stock though.

9B426026-1637-419D-B960-0634FA17D498.png

I have never sold there only bought. Isn't it free to list something ? If it is like Ebay, where you can put stuff up and if it does not sell you are out nothing why not?
For one like this getting bid into what I call insane, again why not. I of course would not pay that but, if someone really wants to? Hell why not. That price makes me wonder though if the winner will back out when it comes time to pay too. With all the people ranting and raving about prices I would expect there is going to be some shill bidding. People signing up just to screw with people.

Ive easily got 1000 rounds of .38 special that I'll likely never shoot (I shoot .357 in my wheelies). I suppose I could make a grand or so. But then I'd have to face the people I ripped off everyday here on the forums. Nope. Not worth it.
Shooting 38 special suppressed is a hoot.

A-while back, I think in late Jan or Feb when all this covid19 stuff was happening I asked where will ammo prices go? Most of you laughed when I said, I think 9mm could hit 50 cents per round..I was bored and looking for some 6.5 Grendel ammo this am, when I saw this ad.. Now S&B is great stuff a lot of my hunting ammo is made by them, never any F2Fire or to feed always pretty clean, and for the most part fairly consistent in Fps. LOLOL But dang son almost 1000$ for a case of 9mm, when will the madness end, I dont think it will end at least not in the next few years, and now that `THE DONALD/WIFE` have the covid , well Jerry worlds will collide. Could 9mm surpass even 1$ per round, lolol, yup I think so... yall hang on its going to get bumpy...I have stopped buying ammo, im sick of the we might ship in 3/4 weeks only to be told not in stock, ill trade my surplus 9mm for extra hunting ammo but that is it, ill just sit in y home awaiting the end of the world....Get Well POTUS/FLOTUS....have a happy week end..

View attachment 757310

This is why I despise all the a-holes on here selling ammo at double the going price just because they can, and because someone's dumb enough to pay it. I managed to score 300 rounds of 9mm from one of the deals posted in the great deals forum a couple weeks ago, but that's about it. I've totally stopped shooting anything except .22 at this time.

This is why I despise all the a-holes on here selling ammo at double the going price just because they can, and because someone's dumb enough to pay it. I managed to score 300 rounds of 9mm from one of the deals posted in the great deals forum a couple weeks ago, but that's about it. I've totally stopped shooting anything except .22 at this time.
Sigh, why? Why should it bother anyone what others are selling for? I have cases of 9mm. If I post it for sale for what I paid for it how long do you think it would last? Seconds. If I put it up at twice what I paid? Could probably sell it. So again why would this bother anyone? There are places still selling it at "normal price". Of course it goes out the front door as fast as it comes in the back door. So again how is this hurting anyone? Put the stuff up at normal price it's gone in seconds. If you just bought your first gun, have never see this? Well ammo can be bought. Painful but it's there only because some are making bank. If you are new to this remember this when the shelves fill, stuff is on sale, and no one wants it. Few learn. It happens over and over again and the same people get over the top mad every time. :confused:
If anyone who is pissed has lived through some of these panics before you can look in the mirror for the one to be mad at.

Sigh, why? Why should it bother anyone what others are selling for? I have cases of 9mm. If I post it for sale for what I paid for it how long do you think it would last? Seconds. If I put it up at twice what I paid? Could probably sell it. So again why would this bother anyone? There are places still selling it at "normal price". Of course it goes out the front door as fast as it comes in the back door. So again how is this hurting anyone? Put the stuff up at normal price it's gone in seconds. If you just bought your first gun, have never see this? Well ammo can be bought. Painful but it's there only because some are making bank. If you are new to this remember this when the shelves fill, stuff is on sale, and no one wants it. Few learn. It happens over and over again and the same people get over the top mad every time. :confused:
If anyone who is pissed has lived through some of these panics before you can look in the mirror for the one to be mad at.
Well said sir, well said...

Those who have get to set the price for those who want... Supply and demand, capitalism in action...

Im picking up 10,000 rnd s of .223 next week that I could probably make a pretty penny off of....but I have a big family, and they all have mags to feed.
Might sell some for a buck a round, so I can buy some 9mm for $.80 a round:s0108:

j/k

Last Edited:
I sold some, but quickly realized it would likely be more difficult to replace than the money gained. I have a Glock I've been considering selling as well, but have held off because I don't know if what I'd purchase with the money will even be available.
Ive easily got 1000 rounds of .38 special that I'll likely never shoot (I shoot .357 in my wheelies). I suppose I could make a grand or so. But then I'd have to face the people I ripped off everyday here on the forums. Nope. Not worth it.
Wow I must have 3 cases of 38 wadcutter but I shoot it.
Shooting 38 special suppressed is a hoot.
I believe you. Shooting 357 in anything full size is a hoot. Any wheel gun with a decent trigger is just fun.

If people want to see prices go down, they need to stop feeding the beast. If someone wants to give me a dollar a round for .22LR, I'm going to take it.
You would be stupid not to. It isn't food or water or crucial medicines. It is ammo, a commodity no different than gold in that its great to own but not necessary for life. So if the market skyrockets like gold did, breaking $2000/ounce or like ammo is doing now, the buyer has the option of waiting it out till the price drops like it always does eventually or pay the price asked. there is no gun at the buyer's head, simply a perceived need to buy something NOW!
The buyers are the only ones responsible for the crazy prices. As long as they are willing to pay whatever is asked, the sky's the limit.

Having a gun with no ammo is worse than having no gun at all. Too bad you can't spread those thousand rounds around to people buying a 38 special as their first gun. A hundred rounds would be a nice starter amount if their LGS doesn't have any in stock. Even at market rates, a hundred rounds probably isn't going to break any budgets.

"If ammo was successfully sold for what people on armslist are asking, I would rather sell all my ammo and take up a different hobby until prices go down"

When the feral mob is heading down your street it ain't a hobby any more.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top