Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Well it finally happened...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jordanvraptor, Nov 8, 2010.

1. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Hurt myself with one of my handguns. I was sure my Taurus revolver was unloaded when I was taking it out of the safe to do some reorganizing. Wasn't thinking and, you guessed it, dang thing slipped off the top shelf and fell right on the instep of my foot... :) Hurts a lot and now I'm walking with a limp. Just goes to show these things can hurt you in more ways than one. I have this theory that maybe it was pushed by a Smith and Wesson... :)

2. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

This wouldn't happen if we had some common sense gun regulations. Why would someone need more than 1 handgun anyways? :)

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

:laugh: Another case of senseless gun violence.

4. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I once dropped a full .30 cal ammo can of .45ACP on my foot. Right before I was supposed to meet people for the holidays.

5. sdlsaginaw

sdlsaginaw Oregon Active Member

We should at least ban these 'high capacity' assault revolvers. See how unsafe they are? Why would anyone need more than one or two shots? If just one toe is saved! Think of the childrens toes! :D

6. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Good thing they weren't Cop-Killers or everybody in the house would've been limping.

7. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

you may wanna delete this post, if any law enforcement agency's sees it you may be questioned about your actions :redspot:

8. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

If I were a Smith and Wesson, I wouldn't want to share a room with a Taurus either...

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Hey, the Taurus's can come along for the ride, but they're gonna have to sit in the back! :p

10. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

HR Bill 3434 "No toe left behind"

Would amend ORS sections 164.22.245 thru 164.22.255

164.22.245 Any person who possesses, handles, stores, or even THINKS ABOUT a gun related object without wearing steel-toed shoes to prevent foot injury is guilty of a misdemeanor.

164.22.246 For the purposes of 164.22.245 through 164.22.255, a "gun related object" includes: guns, gun parts, gun accessories, ammunition, slings, bullets, casings, scopes, sights, silencers, targets and anything else remotely associated with guns, target shooting, or hunting.

164.22.247 Any person who actually drops a gun related object on their foot (or another person's foot) is guilty of felony toe assault.

164.22.248 A person holding a gun related object in the vicinity of another person's foot shall be guilty of "brandishing with intent to stub a toe" -- a misdemeanor.

164.22.249 .................. and on , and on, and on.....

11. DootyBeet

DootyBeet Salem Member

Tuperware Glocks are much easier on the feet.

12. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

the reasoning here is flawed.. blame it on bush

13. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

If only you had listened to the Brady's and used common sense!

14. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

MY GOD...The Humanity of it all! what about the pistols feelings??? did ya ever think about that??? you insensitive jerks...:D:p

15. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

You clearly know nothing about Glocks sir! If Jordan or anyone else dropped a Glock it would have exploded and killed him and everyone in a 5 house radius! Thank God that wasn't the case!

Glad to hear your OK Jordan.

BTW, i think it would be a good idea for all you plastic gun owners to wrap them in bubble wrap. You never know when???

Lefty.

16. 9MilMan

9MilMan Milwaukie Active Member

Yep....Slapped a magazine of 13 .45ACP into my XD45 when putting the pistol into my safe. It didn't click in and fell right onto my bare foot. Geez, it hurt.....!

17. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

See, you guys are thinking way too small, banning the gun for falling on his foot is way too lax, we need to outlaw gravity, its caused a problem at one time or another for 100% of people, and its gravities fault people can be overweight!

Lets get this one written up and taken to our state officials!

18. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe we can piggyback it on the current bill to outlaw Di-Hydrogen Monoxide. Nasty stuff.

19. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

+1 on the Di-Hydrogen Monoxide as a potentially harmful substance. It should only be used to make coffee and beer.

20. DootyBeet

DootyBeet Salem Member

I stand corrected.:bluelaugh: