JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Couldn't believe this was being taught to 3rd graders...

Bloodsucking Capitalists;
Shocking Excerpts Read at Tucson School Board Meeting From A Book Used In The Controversial Ethic Studies Curriculum For Grades 3rd - 12th (Content Warring)

Sorry if this was already posted, I searched but didn't see it...

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW. That *** at the end who wanted her to refrain from using language because young people might be present is an idiot. I had no idea that he controlled the first amendment while at the same time be oblivious as to her complaint.

I think her objections are way out of order.......doesn't she know this country is the source of all evil?......OH WAIT....if this is true why in **** are all the Mexicans beating trails over our border??? ((Hold your flames.....I was being sarcastic) That this bubblegum is actually being taught in American schools is more than a little disturbing. I'm not opposed to rational discussion of the wrongs in our history, but profane radicalism of this racist nature has no place in publically funded civil discourse..much less in elementary classes.

Glen Beck is keeping an eye on what's going on over there. He committed a large portion of his TV show to it last night. He interviewed a woman who is fighting the school board to end the anti-American activities.

I would take this a lot more seriously if there was more context to it. I'd like to see the specific book in question and what grades use that book. The lines she took are from a book that is VASTLY beyond the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader, so color me skeptical. -Just because she read some passages from a book doesn't mean she's correct in her claims. And the Autobiography of Malcom X is pretty radical too, but I fail to see how teaching H.S. seniors using that as one of the texts is somehow hurting anyone.

I would take this a lot more seriously if there was more context to it. I'd like to see the specific book in question and what grades use that book. The lines she took are from a book that is VASTLY beyond the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader, so color me skeptical. -Just because she read some passages from a book doesn't mean she's correct in her claims. And the Autobiography of Malcom X is pretty radical too, but I fail to see how teaching H.S. seniors using that as one of the texts is somehow hurting anyone.

OK, I'm going to call you on this one, since you question it, which is always the right thing to do, do the right thing and go the extra mile and find out this information and post the facts. You could attempt direct contact with the parties or even Google search some of the dialog from the video, either way you could if you try go past speculation and work with facts.

This kind of thing has been going on for years, on both sides of the border. Reconqista or La Raza anyone?

Dunno if they're going to get anywhere with this. The rumor is that they would open borders and become a Mexican protectorate. Rumor also is that this effort is being funded by global corporations, and would be the beginning of carving off hunks of the US... Rumor and speculation, but bears watching.

Disgusted Arizona Liberals Look To Secede « Alan Colmes' Liberaland

Liberals in Pima County, Ariz., Disgusted With Their State, Seek to Separate - WSJ.com

It's not up to me to disprove her claim. I found a couple of articles, one in the NY Times and another one in the LA Times on it and nothing was mentioned about 3rd graders. So far the only basis for that claim is one woman's claim, which SHE is obligated to substantiate. It's not up to me to disprove it. As for the one book I saw mentioned, "Occupied America" written in 1973 I believe, it is pretty radical, but hardly corrupting of the youth of Athens. If H.S. 11th and 12th graders (According to the articles I read) can't tell the difference between a polemic and a fact, the schools have bigger problems than an ethnic studies class. (Which they only have in the first place because the district was successfully sued for discrimination some years back).

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/08/us/08ethnic.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2

Cal State Northridge professor caught in Arizona controversy - Los Angeles Times

Arizona has been blatant as **** about not liking Mexicans. Despite what the official verbiage may be on illegals, it's taken as a blanket against all people of Mexican descent. That's going to cause a backlash. I don't know anyone would be surprised that young people would get more militant in the face of the Arizona law. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to actually enforce our immigration laws, but Arizona isn't even a little subtle in the subtext of it's law. Actions have consequences.

It's not up to me to disprove her claim. I found a couple of articles, one in the NY Times and another one in the LA Times on it and nothing was mentioned about 3rd graders. So far the only basis for that claim is one woman's claim, which SHE is obligated to substantiate. It's not up to me to disprove it.

You believe the NY Times & the LA Times, but not the lady in the video?

You believe the NY Times & the LA Times, but not the lady in the video?

Yes, clearly the LAT and NYT should be automatically disbelieved, but one woman making an inherently suspect claim (3rd graders being taught from a a college level text) should be taken at face value.

You haven't been to as many school board meetings as I have. Parents come up with all kinds of stuff, frequently incorrect, that they think is going on. I've seen Huckleberry Finn taken to task for racism on more than one occasion, another case of parents being ignorant of the topic.

I started to do some research and found this.
<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Then I found this and lost all interest in further research.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, clearly the LAT and NYT should be automatically disbelieved, but one woman making an inherently suspect claim (3rd graders being taught from a a college level text) should be taken at face value.

You haven't been to as many school board meetings as I have. Parents come up with all kinds of stuff, frequently incorrect, that they think is going on. I've seen Huckleberry Finn taken to task for racism on more than one occasion, another case of parents being ignorant of the topic.

Just a simple question, no need to act like I wizzed in your Wheaties.

It's not up to me to disprove her claim. I found a couple of articles, one in the NY Times and another one in the LA Times on it and nothing was mentioned about 3rd graders. So far the only basis for that claim is one woman's claim, which SHE is obligated to substantiate. It's not up to me to disprove it. As for the one book I saw mentioned, "Occupied America" written in 1973 I believe, it is pretty radical, but hardly corrupting of the youth of Athens. If H.S. 11th and 12th graders (According to the articles I read) can't tell the difference between a polemic and a fact, the schools have bigger problems than an ethnic studies class. (Which they only have in the first place because the district was successfully sued for discrimination some years back).

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/08/us/08ethnic.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2

Cal State Northridge professor caught in Arizona controversy - Los Angeles Times

Arizona has been blatant as **** about not liking Mexicans. Despite what the official verbiage may be on illegals, it's taken as a blanket against all people of Mexican descent. That's going to cause a backlash. I don't know anyone would be surprised that young people would get more militant in the face of the Arizona law. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to actually enforce our immigration laws, but Arizona isn't even a little subtle in the subtext of it's law. Actions have consequences.

If you are not willing to prove she was wrong then you don't have much of a leg to stand on when you make a big post disputing her actions as false do you? Your thoughts are then just your own personal assumptions based on nothing more that your feelings and you know what they say about assumptions.

You haven't been to as many school board meetings as I have.

How would you know that?

Parents come up with all kinds of stuff, frequently incorrect, that they think is going on..............another case of parents being ignorant of the topic.

LOL, sounds familiar!

If you are not willing to prove she was wrong then you don't have much of a leg to stand on when you make a big post disputing her actions as false do you? Your thoughts are then just your own personal assumptions based on nothing more that your feelings and you know what they say about assumptions.

Let me introduce you to modern logical method: "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

the burden of proof doesn't lie with me, the observer. It lies with the person making the extraordinary claim. -In this case, that 3rd graders are being taught out of a college level text. Read the stuff she's "quoting," there isn't one third grader in a hundred who could begin to grasp it. No, I need prove nothing. She needs or YOU need, to back up the claim. That's all I ask. If she's right, it's ludicrous. They shouldn't be doing it. But I highly doubt that 3rd graders are being taught from "Occupied America."

I covered every school board meeting for 5 years in three districts. Unless you're truly a glutton for tedium, boredom and stupidity on a mass scale, I doubt you've attended that many of these horrid functions. I was getting PAID to be there and barely managed it.:s0054:

Got any proof of that? Sounds like extraordinary claims to me....:s0131:

Let me introduce you to modern logical method: "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

the burden of proof doesn't lie with me, the observer. It lies with the person making the extraordinary claim. -In this case, that 3rd graders are being taught out of a college level text. Read the stuff she's "quoting," there isn't one third grader in a hundred who could begin to grasp it. No, I need prove nothing. She needs or YOU need, to back up the claim. That's all I ask. If she's right, it's ludicrous. They shouldn't be doing it. But I highly doubt that 3rd graders are being taught from "Occupied America."

That would be a "logical" stance if you were there with her and asked her for proof, but you are here with us having this discourse and I'm stating that you expressed opinion, basically I called your bluff and I received exactly the reply I was expecting. Thanks for playing. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top