JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
... I am now a proud pistol owner!

attachment.php?attachmentid=26826&d=1308721792.jpg

Picked up my used CZ P-01 after waiting painfully through Tigard's inane 30 day wait period and took her out into the hills yesterday to run her through the paces.

Ran through about 140ish rounds of ammo, 40 of that a couple different makes of JHP defense ammo. I think the CZ rep for accuracy holds, as the gun is crazy accurate, even in the hands of a newb like me (Consider the sliding scale, guys. If I can hit things really decently, I can only imagine what capable people could). Only two failures to feed, both on cheap Am. Eagle plinking ammo which I think is better attributed to me learning the ropes of making sure my mags are loaded right.

Can I just be honest and say it's a much, much more sobering feeling going to sleep at night knowing there is a loaded weapon inches away. Very sobering.

Looking forward to learning more and training with this pistol in the months and years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thirty day thing got mentioned in my previous thread asking about the whole process of purchasing a handgun. Apparently Tigard has a municipal law regarding it.

Which sucks, but as this is a rare gun to find locally anyway, much less used, I was willing to suck it up.

tigards municipal law? i bought my FNX 40 at the tigard gun broker and i was in and out in 20 mins, nice looking gun though

They communicated it as a 30 day period between when they can purchase a used firearma nd then sell it. That's all I know. Other folks here stated it was a Tigard law on the books. *shrug*

May I ask for more pictures of the gun? I'm thinking about buying that exact same model. Is that a becker bk2?

You;d be better served just looking at photos online. I only have an ancient point-and-click that is a total piece. Very poor picture quality.

And yep, the knife's a BK-2.

Same law here in WA (state wide). A pawn/loan shop has to wait 30 days to sell a used gun. Most (unless you ask) don't display the gun until the 30 days have expired. Of course, their buddies have been all over it during that 30 days and will have the good stuff out the door on the 31st day. Ed

They communicated it as a 30 day period between when they can purchase a used firearma nd then sell it. That's all I know. Other folks here stated it was a Tigard law on the books. *shrug*

You;d be better served just looking at photos online. I only have an ancient point-and-click that is a total piece. Very poor picture quality.

And yep, the knife's a BK-2.

my bad i missed the part about it being used.. lol sorry.

Not a firearm waiting period. . . It's a Pawn Shop / Gun Shop waiting period. For Pawn Shops it applies to just about everything. (not just guns). I guess the idea is to prevent shops from becoming Fences for stolen property. . In practice, I'm not sure how it help one darn bit. . .

Only applies to used firearms, and only that the pawn shop/gun shop, must hold the item for thirty days. Keeps you from buying a gun that was stolen and they come take it from you later. If they had the gun for thirty days, you can walk out the door with it just like a New firearm. At least that is my understanding.

The only thing unusual about this is that you had any idea they even had it before it had been in there possesion 30+ days. Every other pawn shop I have ever delt with would not have a firearm on display unless it was ready to be sold. The 30 days is to give the police time to check the serial number. AND to allow someone who has had a firearm stolen time to discover and report it (like if a house is broken into while your on vacation etc.) its a state wide law in Oregon.

Can I just be honest and say it's a much, much more sobering feeling going to sleep at night knowing there is a loaded weapon inches away. Very sobering.

Yes, I understand completely. I became a pistol owner a few months ago and have similar sentiments. Not a "bad" or "scared" feeling...sobering is a very fitting term. But it's good.

And congrats on your purchase!

Yes, I understand completely. I became a pistol owner a few months ago and have similar sentiments. Not a "bad" or "scared" feeling...sobering is a very fitting term. But it's good.

Sobering is a great choice. I used to grab a beer out the fridge every week or so. For some reason, just having a gun in the house makes me not want to. Locking it away is a chore, for one thing!

Mind me asking why you chose the P-01? I've been thinking about a CZ, but I was leaning towards the 75BD.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top