Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Well gentlemen, it's official...

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Will_Power, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

... I am now a proud pistol owner!

attachment.php?attachmentid=26826&d=1308721792.jpg

Picked up my used CZ P-01 after waiting painfully through Tigard's inane 30 day wait period and took her out into the hills yesterday to run her through the paces.

Ran through about 140ish rounds of ammo, 40 of that a couple different makes of JHP defense ammo. I think the CZ rep for accuracy holds, as the gun is crazy accurate, even in the hands of a newb like me (Consider the sliding scale, guys. If I can hit things really decently, I can only imagine what capable people could). Only two failures to feed, both on cheap Am. Eagle plinking ammo which I think is better attributed to me learning the ropes of making sure my mags are loaded right.

Can I just be honest and say it's a much, much more sobering feeling going to sleep at night knowing there is a loaded weapon inches away. Very sobering.

Looking forward to learning more and training with this pistol in the months and years to come.

P01_and_BK2_small.jpg

chris61182 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. cowboygraphics

cowboygraphics Beaverton, OR Active Member

Congrats!
    Practice. Practice. Then have fun practicing some more.
    Your bayonet selection seems a bit large for the CZ though :bluelaugh:

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Whats that about?

4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

+1, what's that Tigard 30 day waiting period about?

5. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

The P-01 is a great pistol, I love mine!

6. bshnt2015

bshnt2015 CA & WA Member

nice cz

7. Will_Power

The thirty day thing got mentioned in my previous thread asking about the whole process of purchasing a handgun. Apparently Tigard has a municipal law regarding it.

Which sucks, but as this is a rare gun to find locally anyway, much less used, I was willing to suck it up.

8. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

May I ask for more pictures of the gun? I'm thinking about buying that exact same model. Is that a becker bk2?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

9. FnfaN

FnfaN Beaverton Member

tigards municipal law? i bought my FNX 40 at the tigard gun broker and i was in and out in 20 mins, nice looking gun though

10. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

I'd patiently wait for a gun like that too. Very nice.
    Mike

11. Will_Power

They communicated it as a 30 day period between when they can purchase a used firearma nd then sell it. That's all I know. Other folks here stated it was a Tigard law on the books. *shrug*

You;d be better served just looking at photos online. I only have an ancient point-and-click that is a total piece. Very poor picture quality.

And yep, the knife's a BK-2.

12. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

Same law here in WA (state wide). A pawn/loan shop has to wait 30 days to sell a used gun. Most (unless you ask) don't display the gun until the 30 days have expired. Of course, their buddies have been all over it during that 30 days and will have the good stuff out the door on the 31st day. Ed

13. FnfaN

FnfaN Beaverton Member

my bad i missed the part about it being used.. lol sorry.

14. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

you guys need state preemption.

15. wjv

wjv SW Washington State Active Member

Not a firearm waiting period. . . It's a Pawn Shop / Gun Shop waiting period. For Pawn Shops it applies to just about everything. (not just guns). I guess the idea is to prevent shops from becoming Fences for stolen property. . In practice, I'm not sure how it help one darn bit. . .

16. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Only applies to used firearms, and only that the pawn shop/gun shop, must hold the item for thirty days. Keeps you from buying a gun that was stolen and they come take it from you later. If they had the gun for thirty days, you can walk out the door with it just like a New firearm. At least that is my understanding.

17. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The only thing unusual about this is that you had any idea they even had it before it had been in there possesion 30+ days. Every other pawn shop I have ever delt with would not have a firearm on display unless it was ready to be sold. The 30 days is to give the police time to check the serial number. AND to allow someone who has had a firearm stolen time to discover and report it (like if a house is broken into while your on vacation etc.) its a state wide law in Oregon.

18. ablaut

ablaut Salem(ish), OR Member

Yes, I understand completely. I became a pistol owner a few months ago and have similar sentiments. Not a "bad" or "scared" feeling...sobering is a very fitting term. But it's good.

And congrats on your purchase!

19. Trahma Hownd

Trahma Hownd Dundee, Or Member

Hah, I think I've held your pistol in the gunshop. :cool: Nice firearm.

20. ecurbCO

ecurbCO northwest WA New Member

Sobering is a great choice. I used to grab a beer out the fridge every week or so. For some reason, just having a gun in the house makes me not want to. Locking it away is a chore, for one thing!

Mind me asking why you chose the P-01? I've been thinking about a CZ, but I was leaning towards the 75BD.