JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well Excuse Me !
Now I don't put on a tin foil hat and I don't even own one I gave it to the goodwill a few years ago.

But I have something serious that I have been thinking about along time, I am also putting this on another website because it seems that either I am the only one that sees that elephant in the room or we just ignore it and hope it goes away.
I am looking hard and close at firearms groups, lobbyist and anyone whom makes money from firearms. Before I go on I am not accusing anyone these are just observations.

Oregon SB941 passed and Wash 594 passed and gun owners were to lose big time. But the ones to profit were also the same who did not stand with us lowly gun owners.,that is FFL's they are now all making money because not only do you have to come to their stores to sell privately chances are you may buy ammo or something why you are there, private sales without these laws surely cost them money and is why the hundreds of FFL's never even went on record to fight for all of us.

Lobbyist grew at huge numbers while Obama was in Office and in WA and Oregon there was money coming in hand over fist. Its easy to simply check state records to see how well many profited from our loss of rights. When ever our rights are threatened they make money and if laws pass they grow even bigger and make more money having not succeeded at anything.( Wow I want that job getting paid even when you fail business grows). Its like wars, when we have large ones people make millions why others suffer. One could say it pays to fail at your job because it does.

Cease Fire Oregon was pretty unknown until Obama came in office but not until 2016 when Trump was running did their ranks grow ten fold.. Why? Because their side thought Trump in office would end their rise to power or so they say. In fact they are larger now then ever and their side lost the election.

Now looking at this with a tin foil hate on, it seems that it pays to not do a great job, just do a job good enough to keep supporters. And in our states when laws pass people get angry and donate big to make sure they stop it next year ( and they don't stop anything).

Why is it when our rights are on the line, the fights are always luke warm in response. No ads, no TV spots or Billboards. If these Lobbies and FFL's really cared about these laws being passed why are only small steps in opposition ever seen? It seems like they just do enough for the perception they are victimized like us. Yet you and I are the ones that lose, not them. I am sure many people made a nice profit on private sales and nothing wrong with that. And all that said Armslists is packed with ads from private sellers so FFL's are kept busy, well heres a nice FYI there are now more FFL sellers on Armslists then before over shadowing the once dominant private seller.

Think about it or don't or call BS. But looking at this logically its looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. I think we as a people need to demand actions, not just smoke and mirrors.:mad:

Honestly, I see BGC's as good for business as you say, which I am okay with. I think the rates need to be standardized, as most businesses would be. I also think that possession of an FFL, such as a Curio and Relic License, should make one exempt from BGC's and transfer fees. The system needs to be fine tuned, which you have pointed out, and nobody seems to want to make effective practical changes.

In politics it's called "Failure Theater"--give it a Google sometime, it's disgusting but nothing new, in fact a longtime Republican rope-a-dope technique. (Demofascists do it some too, but neither as much or as well as the Grifting Old P*ssbuckets.)

Seriously, I'm getting to a point where I'm ready to throw this card...

"You want my support? Kneel and open wide..."
*if they comply, spray 'em down, zip up*
"On second thought... no. If you don't have the spine to stand up for your own basic dignity, P*ssbucket, you don't have the spine to stand for what's right and are only fit to be a human urinal."

Seriously, I'm getting to a point where I'm ready to throw this card...

"You want my support? Kneel and open wide..."
*if they comply, spray 'em down, zip up*
"On second thought... no. If you don't have the spine to stand up for your own basic dignity, P*ssbucket, you don't have the spine to stand for what's right and are only fit to be a human urinal."
I like that just as well!

But you have to be careful, I hear some people find that to be appealing.

In politics it's called "Failure Theater"--give it a Google sometime, it's disgusting but nothing new, in fact a longtime Republican rope-a-dope technique. (Demofascists do it some too, but neither as much or as well as the Grifting Old P*ssbuckets.)
I have a funny feeling you are not alone, in fact I know you are not..... you said what I am sure most of us are thinking.

I have a funny feeling you are not alone, in fact I know you are not..... you said what I am sure most of us are thinking.
It's a term we use daily over at RedState... and yeah, us on the autism spectrum tend to just blast out what everybody else in the room is thinking quite a bit. :)

"Truth isn't mean. It's just Truth."--Andrew Breitbart

A whole lot of "bait and switch" going on; when certain law groups were promising justice during the latest IRS scandal, all we got was "she is not in the IRS any more".

And the criticism ALWAYS lands on the people who just want to be left alone...

My blood pressure is spiking so I'm gonna quit tapping keys...but suffice to say, OP is not alone in his acute case of "buyer's remorse".

:mad:

If you need ammo you need ammo. You're going to buy it anyway. And gun stores (GS) charge what, $35 for a transfer? It's hardly worth their time.

I'll think about the rest of it later.

P

If you need ammo you need ammo. You're going to buy it anyway. And gun stores (GS) charge what, $35 for a transfer? It's hardly worth their time. ...

What is the wholesale price on a $300 firearm? What is the usual consignment rate?

The BGC fee does not require buying stock with money upfront that might just sit on the shelf for ages before it sells.

What is the wholesale price on a $300 firearm? What is the usual consignment rate?

The BGC fee does not require buying stock with money upfront that might just sit on the shelf for ages before it sells.

I have no idea. GS owners don't get rich period, much less off transfer fees. How many do you think they do each week?

P

I have no idea. GS owners don't get rich period, much less off transfer fees. How many do you think they do each week?

I have no idea either, but let's be fair, selling a product that has no wholesale cost, no durability (repeatedly sell it even to the same person), no return issues, and requires perhaps 10 minutes of a clerk's wage to handle, is a product people would want to sell the most of. It's basically pure profit.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews